Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is running its programmes under the new name of Humanity & Inclusion (HI). - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the direct supervision and responsibility of the Project Manager) PM), the Rehabilitation Technical Officer will work closely with the project’s team, Humanity & Inclusion (HI)’s team and partners staff to provide key support to the Project in the roll-out and implementation rehabilitation activities. She/he will work with partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner of the project.
He/she will work in close collaboration with HI partners to make sure that the rehabilitation activities are implemented with respect to the agreed quality standards and criteria. This will be done through supporting and implementing the following activities, but not limited to:
- Support project manager in the project’s implementation and management;
- Support the development and delivery of training modules on rehabilitation and disability;
- Support partners in designing and implementing multidisciplinary rehabilitation sessions respecting the admission and exclusion criteria of the service provision;
- Support the development and implementation of beneficiaries’ treatment plans with involvement of their family members.
Responsibility 1: Contribute to the project’s management
- Facilitate project team activities’ support services needs in coordination with admin/log and finance team.
- Contribution to project data collection, and preparation of information for the PQRs.
- Support the PM in monitoring the project budget and follow-up the expenses.
- Support the project team in preparing and validating the purchase and delivery cycle documents “PSR, quotations, summary bid analysis, ToRs, log preparations …etc”.
- Prepare commitment authorization for the project and partners’ expenses according to the budget tasks codification system and get it signed by PM.
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review
Responsibility 2: Support HI team and partners staff on the daily implementation of the rehabilitation project’s activities; includes capacity building to improve service delivery mechanisms.
- Develop capacity assessment tools and accompany their implementation by partner project staff and/or service providers
- Support the implementation of multidisciplinary rehabilitation sessions that will target people with disabilities and injuries including men, women, girls and boys through the partner’s teams.
- Provide on the job training and coaching for the partner’s team to ensure that rehabilitation services are provided with good quality for persons with disabilities and injuries.
- Train project team and partners on project quality standards and ensure its respect in the field.
- Report to PM any challenges faced in the implementation of the project activities on the level of partners.
- Support coordination groups’ mechanisms with disability stakeholders in Gaza
- Analyze the results of capacity assessment and based on it, develop and adapt capacity building plan, materials, and users guideline for the porpuse of training partner staff on its use and implementation
- Identify rehabilitation technical resources required for the implementation of the capacity building plan and support their mobilization and contractualization
- Conduct trainings and orientation workshops to external stakeholders on HI approaches in rehabilitation, disability and inclusion.
- Set up coaching and mentoring mechanism of the knowledge and skills gained from trainings and accompany its enforcement
- Check the quality of purchased and donated materials such like: assistive devices, intervention materials and wound dressing disposables…etc to be delivered for rehabilitation beneficiaries.
- Liaise with external trainers and/or consultants to deliver trainings and other project services/ needs.
Responsibility 3: Contribute to quality control in the field of expertise through technical guidance and support to the team as well as the development and implementation of researches/surveys
- Identify with the project teams the most appropriate modalities of intervention and related tools.
- Technical guidance and supporting the development of all methodologies and tools required for the implementation of the projects, organize their test whenever appropriate and adjust them according to the results of the test.
- Support the development of ToRs for the recruitment of consultants when needed.
- Develop research/survey, terms of reference, protocols and related tools in close collaboration with the project team.
- Support the teams in defining the best intervention strategies and interventions adapted to the identified needs
- Support the development of technical materials related to fields of intervention in collaboration with rehabilitation technical advisor.
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of rehabilitation and health.
- Commit to and ensure adherence to HI visibility procedures during representation.
Responsibility 4: Monitoring, lessons learning, knowledge management and reporting
- Participate on technical review and support RTU technical mission.
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools (including anlayzing) for documenting indicators related to rehabilitation activities, collect data in relation with core tasks and measure the progress made, and to improve the quality and impact of the intervention.
- Monitor the work of external consultants in close collaboration with the PM and the technical advisor.
- Provide advices to project team and partners towards improved quality practices of the project related aspects.
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project
- Support partner’s team to develop success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
- Support the development of lessons learning exercise, data collection and analysis and the production of dissemination document
- Support the project evaluation process as defined by PM.
- Maintain updated records and reports of the project activities whenever requested.
- Participate in analyzing lessons learned and feedback on the project’s experience gained from implementation
- Identify knowledge management processes and tools and share regularly with project team and partners.
- Submit weekly project progress report to the PM and team.
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions.
- Team player with good negotiations skills.
- Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality.
- Ability to respect deadlines and work under pressure.
- Adaptability, flexibility and autonomy in work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Native Arabic speaker with English fluency (including writing skills)
- Computer skills (office pack and internet)
- Valid driving license needed (the position requires very frequent trips to the field)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in the field of disability or rehabilitation (Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy)
- At least 5 years professional experience working in the disability field, of which 2 years at least working with an International Organization
- Applicants must have demonstrated mastering practical experience in providing and implementing technical aspects of rehabilitation
- Knowledge in users centered approach, Right Based Approach, Multidisciplinary rehabilitation Approach and referral mechanisms.
- Capacity to transfer knowledge, and experience in designing and providing trainings and providing coaching for capacity building
- Excellent capacity to plan, to anticipate, to prioritize and to solve problems.
- Proven analytical skills and capacity to adapt.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of 10 months renewable upon availability of fund and the position is based in Gaza
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position : From 6,623 ILS to 8050 ILS based on experience.
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to reach on or before the 3rd December 2019 to: [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Rehabilitation Techncial Officer ) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.