Palestine Association for Children’s Encouragement of Sports (PACES), is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 7-16 years. From March - November every year, children are granted an escape from being idle on the streets, or in their homes; an escape that is fun, healthy, and one that encourages participation and inclusion. Since its establishment, PACES has reached out and served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches and assistant coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs and other community-based organizations situated in refugee camps and most marginalized and vulnerable areas in Palestine and Jordan, and in the refugee camps of Lebanon. All programs promote gender equality and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
- To enhance children’s life skills through sports programs and educational activities and empower them to become active citizens within their communities.
- To enhance employability skills for young female and male coaches.
- To improve the capacity of local partners to become part of the development of sustainable communities.
- To provide equal opportunities for both genders in sports.
PACES seeks a Regional HR Manager based in Ramallah, with regular travels to regional Country Offices; Palestine & Lebanon. The Regional HR Manager is responsible for the development and management of all HR related matters at PACES. The role will report to the Regional Finance and Administration Director
- Review and update PACES HR system including HR policies & procedures,
- Prepare and lead the implementation of annual HR work plans,
- Review and regularly update PACES employee handbook to comply with PACES internal policies and with each country’s Labour law
- Provide guidance in all areas related to the development of PACES team, and in coordination with relevant team members identify staff training needs & plans and evaluate the effectiveness of their implementations.
- Collaborate with PACES’s directors and managers to facilitate and implement the employees’ career development, performance management and training
- Implement PACES’s HR policies and procedures and guide employees on HR best practices
- Mentor the country managers, to make sure they are well informed with the PACES HR system, process and procedure
- Develop job descriptions, review and update existing ones, and assist in the restructuring of PACES organization chart, when needed,
- Manage & oversee the recruitment process, including induction and orientation, and support new personnel as they join PACES in the three countries.
- Manage employee relations matters, working with relevant team members to ensure conditions are undertaken thoughtfully, in an appropriate manner and in compliance with all policies.
- Cultivate a constructive and cooperative work environment for all staff in the three countries
- Plan and conduct exit interviews and provide alternative plans of the changes.
- Handling various employment cases, such as terminations, promotions and transfers in collaboration with the line management of the employee.
- Review, update and maintain employee’s record: recruitment, performance progress, appreciation, warnings, annual leaves, promotion or termination.
- Addresses employees’ relations issues, such as complaints and conflicts and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Coordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks.
- Stays up to date with the most recent HR practices by enhancing knowledge attending professional workshops, and networking sessions with relevant stakeholders.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, or other relevant discipline.
- 10 Years of experience in HR management of which at least 3 years in a senior HR management position.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong networking and representational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal organizational and communication skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English, spoken and written.
The Regional HR Manager should ensure that all data is secured, and issues are addressed immediately.
Carry out any other duties as requested by the Regional Finance and Administration Director
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV, no later than Wednesday 25th January 2020 to [email protected] indicating the vacant position (Regional HR Manager) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.