Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the Receptionist position is to manage the reception area and be the first focal point for beneficiaries and visitors. The Receptionist will also assist in the day-to-day implementation of the administrative and support functions responsibilities.
- Provide front of house and customer support, including receiving calls, meeting, and greeting visitors, receiving deliveries.
- Focal point for guest house booking for all visitors ensuring that it is kept in good order.
- Act as front line office security through controlling visitors' access in close coordination with CFM and Security focal points, observing and reporting any suspicious act, close the office by the end of the day including shutting off lights, closing windows and locking doors.
- Responsible for booking the meeting room and ensuring that it is kept in order; supporting meetings arrangements as needed.
- Keep contact list for all national and international staff updated at all times.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory list of office supplies.
- Assist the support unit on the electronic archiving as required.
- Maintain and update all attendance records of Gaza Staff.
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or similar field.
- 2 years’ experience from working as Receptionist / Admin Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good command of English, Arabic both written and orally.
- Good command of computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changes and new requirements
- Communication with impact and respect
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Prioritizing tasks
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crises.
Contract duration: 12 months (it is subject to fund availability)
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Contact person: Reham Khalaf, [email protected]
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below