Re-advertisement - Early Child Development TO Level 2
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Under the supervision of Project Managers and in close collaboration with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) and the Global Early Child Development (ECD) specialist (HQ), the Early Child Development (ECD) Technical Officer (level 2) is responsible to support the project team (HI and partners) in the field of early child development along all phases of the project cycle management, but with focus on projects’ implementation and monitoring. He/ She will support the development of the staff’s technical competencies, as well as the mobilization the external local technical resources, when necessary, to ensure the quality of their intervention with projects stakeholders.
Besides technically supporting the implementation of the specific early child development interventions, he/she will provide technical support to project early child development interventions. He/she will also contribute to the development of the strategy of HI’s intervention in the field of ECD.
Responsibility 1: Support the development of the project’s methodological framework and contribute to quality control in the field of expertise through technical guidance and field support to the team
- With the project teams and under the supervision of the Global Specialists, identify the most appropriate modalities of intervention in compliance with the HI technical framework.
- Contribute to developing and/or adapting methodologies in close collaboration with the Global Specialists
- Develop technical tools, including full training packages (training needs assessment tools, training manuals and materials, pre-post training tests), users’ guidelines, etc.; ensure active contribution from the project team to their development whenever relevant;
- Ensure tools are validated by Global Specialists before implementation and that the team is capacitated to apply them;
- Provide coaching and on the job training to the team to ensure proper use and implementation of the tools;
- Regular field visits to project areas and partners to provide feedback and monitor the quality of intervention;
- Collaborate with the PM and MEAL to develop tools for data collection and monitoring to track and measure progress of indicators and to analyse the collected data;
- Contribute to projects’ PQR, PMbox,steering committee and to the production of donor reports;
- Develop tools for collecting information measuring the project impact in close collaboration with the Global Specialists and in liaison with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) and the Regional MEAL Manager;
- Provide regular reports to the Project Manager and regular updates to Global Specialists and to the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) in the field of expertise;
- Active participation in national networks on ECD such as national ECD committee and ECD thematic working group at MOE
Responsibility 2: Develop the technical competencies of of the HI project team and project partners
- Assess HI project team and/or project partner capacity building needs, define suitable training plan and training package under the supervision of the Global Specialists
- Provide TOT training to the HI project team and partners on ECD frameworks, HI innovations and approaches of intervention;
- Identify locally available external skills and expertise that could contribute to the quality of future intervention in the in the areas of professional competency;
- Coordinate with the Global Specialist and in liaison with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) to gain from other programmes knowledge and experience;
- Support the PM in recruitment from a technical perspective;
- Participate in the ECD community of practice to exchange with other ECD specialists and officers in other missions/ countries, and reflect HI experience in WB.
- Regional role: in collaboration with RTU, provide training to other MEReP staff on specific skills
Responsibility 3: Facilitate project lessons learning and its dissemination and support the field implementation of researches
- Contribute to the development of the good practices and lessons leart ToRs in close collaboration with MEAL team,
- Identify, analyse and document the good practices/lessons learnt of the project;
- Organize dissemination among the project stakeholders and among national stakeholders (government, NGOs, donors) involved into similar field of expertise;
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of expertise of the project in collaboration with Global Specialists and in liaison with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU);
- Participate to relevant Clusters and/or Working Groups related to the field of intervention at national and/or local level, exchange good practices in the field of expertise and provide technical inputs to the development of Clusters’ and/or Working Groups’ technical documents when relevant;
- Under the technical supervision of the Global Specialists, facilitate the field implementation of researches (data collection, analysis, etc.), contribute to the production of research reports and to the dissemination of their findings
- in collaboration with RTU and MEAL, contribute to MEReP’s knowledge management in the areas of professional competency;
- Coordinate with the Global Specialists to share MEReP learning and gain from other programmes knowledge and experience.
Responsibility 4: Support the development of new projects
- Collect Government policies and technical materials produced by government departments and NGOs in the field of expertise;
- Participate to the development of new projects into the field of expertise;
- Participate in the national ECD committee to contribute to the development of the national ECD strategy. And ensure that HI startegy in the sector is in line with the national one.
- Contribute to the development of factsheets in the sector of intervention to be used for fundraising and advocacy purposes,
Regional role: support technical assessments in other countries of MEReP program in his/her field of expertise.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The successful candidate should at least have:
- Education background in Early child development including Child Health, Mental Health & Psychosocial Support, and/or paediatric, paediatric rehabilitation (OT, PT, speech therapy) ,
- Master in ECD relative domain, with preference to rehabilitation profiles (paediatric physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists), nutrition, protection. Preferably in developing countries or humanitarian context.
- At least 5 years of experience in ECD (particularly early detection and early intervention
- Experience providing technical support and coaching to teams
- Experience working with non-governmental organizations
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply tools
- Proven experience in development and provision of training and coaching
- Demonstrate familiarity with integrated and inclusive ECD
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to work with partners
- Knowledge of referral mechanism
- Ability to develop accessible information materials
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including WORD, POWERPOINT, and EXCEL
- Excellent time management and personal organization skills
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of 12 months, and the position is based in Ramallah
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates can send their resume with a cover letter to reach on or before the 20th of February 2023, to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Early Child Development Technical Officer) Level 2 in the subject line in your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
Applicants who had previously applied need not re-apply, as their applications will be considered.