CARE Palestine (West Bank/Gaza) is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Quality, Accountability, and Development Manager (Job# 7/2019)
Summary: The Quality, Accountability and Development Manager (QADM) will lead the Country Office’s efforts in establishing a Quality, Accountability and Development Unit. The unit will be established based on and integrating the three core accountability principles: 1) Transparency, 2) Feedback and 3) Participation, in order to emphasize human rights and needs-based practices that build on the Country Office (CO) previous experience in humanitarian accountability. The Unit will be informed by standards and guidance to ensure quality and accountability to our partners and stakeholders, and to support existing organizational and technical standards, with which to bring about sustainable change in the fight against poverty and injustice.
The incumbent will lead CARE Palestine WBG efforts in resource mobilization, including proposal development, ensuring that new projects are based on high quality standards and learning.
With gender as the key focus of CARE’s strategy, the Quality, Accountability and Development Unit ensures that women’s voices, rights and needs are represented and fully mainstreamed in our humanitarian and development-oriented work.
This role is core towards capturing bottom up learning around key thematic trends and applied learning including Doing Nexus Differently, Resilient Market Systems, including private sector engagement and gender equality, especially engagement of men and boys.
Primary activities for the Quality, Accountability, and Development Manager include but are not limited to:
1) Provide technical oversight and support to the project based M&E Officers
2) Lead Proposal Development and project design at the CO
3) Establish and Operationalize the Quality, Accountability, Learning and Development Unit within CARE Palestine West Bank/ Gaza in coordination with the Program team
4) Oversee Program Impact, Monitoring and Evidence Gathering
5) Facilitate ongoing Reflection, Learning and Program Quality Improvement
6) Ensure Key Data, Information and Learning is up to date and supports External Communications and Fundraising Efforts.
7) Support the overall goals and activities of CARE’s Programs
Start date: As soon as possible
Position type: full-time 40 hours/week
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Academic Qualifications: Master’s degree (or equivalent in experience and formal training) in knowledge and systems management, learning and innovation, international development, gender or women’s studies, economic, social science, political science, public administration or other relevant subjects.
· Background qualifications in advanced monitoring, evaluation, impact measurement and social science research methodologies.
· Background/qualifications in participatory methodologies that promote learning and social change; participatory research and evaluation designs.
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a combination of humanitarian and development programming, with special emphasis on evidence gathering and project’s development.
· Proven track record working collaboratively with civil society, communities, private sector, local NGO partners and government officials
· Experience using participatory methods and rights based approaches
· Experienced monitoring and evaluating large programs and/or multiple projects/initiatives
· Experience of attribution, aggregation, analysis and communication of impact data.
· A proven track record of leading and writing strong proposals.
· Experience in facilitating and generating knowledge/evidence/and applied learning
· Fluent or excellent communication skills in English.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in Arabic.
· Strong team player and experienced collaborator
· Outstanding action research and analysis skills.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than 24 September 2019 and include the job number (7/2019) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all