PURCHASER / OFFICE ASSISTANT M/F Palestine
Médecins du Monde Switzerland is an International and independent Medical Organization founded in 1980, that provides humanitarian and development aid to those most in need. The organization observes the principles of medical ethics and humanitarian aid and is currently active in more than 65 countries. Médecins du monde Switzerland, created in 1993, has been working in the Palestinian Territories since 1994 prioritizing the provision of quality care in the field of mental health to people in need.
Under the direct supervision of the Admin, HR and Finance Coordinator, the PURCHASER / OFFICE ASSISTANT will contribute to the development of MdM-CH strategy in the country and will support the implementation, the quality and the consistence of the activities developed by MdM CH’s team and partners.
- To support the implementation of the projects by conducting the needed purchases and office support MdM Switzerland’s vehicles.
- Assist in data entry and documentation of projects documents, activities, and other needed segregation of data.
- Support the team with data collection, needs assessments activities, preparation of documents regarding project implementation.
- Support the implementation of the activities included in the different active projects in the country.
- Ensure the proper use of MDM resources in Palestine.
- Ensure the respect of MDM procedures in Palestine.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Main responsibilities and activities of the Purchaser Driver can change according to the organization of the work and to the composition of the team.
- Project support
- Join the MHPSS team in their field visits to families/individuals who affected by conflict related violence.
- Provide awareness sessions/counseling sessions to targeted population (group and individual).
- Helping the MHPSS team in data entry, documentation, and data collection whenever it needed.
- Participate in conducting awareness workshops in targeted locations regarding topics related to MH.
- Prepare reports when it is required.
- To be actively involved in MDM activities
- Support in the completion of Procurement Files and Contracts.
- Perform purchases once the supplier / items are selected.
- Prepare the invoice on proper way with all support documents in need (mission order, Purchase order, quotation, and delivery note ….ext, with all validation during the advance closing.
- Liaise with the suppliers for the organisation of deliveries (date of delivery, quality control of the goods etc).
- Assist in the organization of trainings, workshops and similar events including food catering, organization of the training venue etc.
- Assist in the management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Contribute to the analysis of the local market and to keeping an updated database of local suppliers corresponding to MDM’s needs and criteria (quality, price, service, ethics).
- Stock management
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse, in line with organizations policies.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Support in the reception and distribution of goods into MDM warehouse (Checklist & Stock Cards).
- Monitor distribution of goods to the beneficiaries / deliveries from suppliers into MDM stock or directly to the MoH facilities. (Donation certificates / Delivery Notes).
- Ensure proper storage of goods (appropriate conditions of the warehouse), Update the stock cards.
- Follow up on the expiry of any perishable item in stock (including rotating the food and refilling consumables in the emergency boxes kept in the house and in the office).
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks follow up.
Participation in the security meetings and respect of the security rules set up according to the context.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized clerical college
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant occupational experience
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment.
- Ability to manage priorities effectively.
- Good communication skills, ability to give and receive feedback.
- English proficiency.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives.
- Ability to work in team.
- Autonomy to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Ability to live and work in a difficult security context and willingness to accept security protocols.
- Confidentiality: observe absolute discretion on the documents, interviews, discussions and/or other info related to the intervention of MdM Switzerland in the country.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Driver license
- The position is based in Bethlehem.
- Contract Duration: 3 months can be renewable.
- Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday.
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivational letter in English to: [email protected] titled “PURCHASER /OFFICE ASSISTANT” before 27/11/2022.