Public Health & WASH Promoter (3 positions)
- Enables the communities to find solutions to water and hygiene related problems through using FGDs and home visits
- Plans and implements appropriate communication activities such as mass media campaigns.
- Liaise with the community leaders, municipalities and other agencies working locally to promote the project
- Plans, design, supervises monitors and follow-up projects activities that are related to the field of background and experience of Public Health and WASH especially in emergencies.
- Represent PEF and adhering to the general values and principles of the association and avoid any cultural or social sensitivities
- Systematically gathers and stores data, information, opinion and feedback verbally or written, to check its validity, evaluates and orders it to enable conclusions to be drawn.
- Deals with the time, cost and quality implications of the work, and has the ability to work effectively within team, time and budget constraints.
- Plans ahead, schedules and prioritizes activities and addresses challenges in projects performance in order to meet objectives outcomes, impacts, and outputs are achieved in line with the resources available and project frameworks. Sets goals to achieve plan and meet quality standards.
- Identifies and communicates potential threats and variations to budget and program.
- Work to achieve the satisfaction of beneficiaries and local committees and maintain the minimum level of quality of work required.
- Commitment to Oxfam values, which will be defined in trainings and workshops.
Supervision and management (70%)
- Working on the field to collect data of the identification of targeted communities and selection of beneficiaries using data collection tools provided by the project coordinator.
- Conducting Pre and Post KAP survey according to the project plan and collecting the data requested by the project coordinator.
- Develop and supervise the hygiene promotion plan in the targeted communities, and supervise the awareness sessions conducted by community mobilizers.
- Organize information meetings and workshops with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of water quality and hygienic practices.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) assessment tools design, surveys or any other project identification study in collaboration and coordination with project coordinator.
- Develop monthly field plans, and follow up the progress of activities.
- Participate in the developing of Water Safety Plan in the targeted communities.
- Form local committees including signing MOUs and follow up their tasks and responsibilities.
- Promote the participation of men and boys in the house cleanliness tasks and drinking water management at the household level in order to alleviate the burden on women and girls.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and provide it to the project coordinator at deadlines.
- Work on preparing daily reports on any problem or incident in the field affecting the progress of work.
- Effective communication with the project team, local committees and relevant parties and promote their participation in the planning and implementation of field activities.
- Supervise the implementing of water quality monitoring plan.
- Participate in the selection criteria of private water desalination plants.
- Follow up all issues related to the electromechanical rehabilitation and capacity building training for the private water vendors.
- Participate in the developing of business models for the private vendors.
- Supervise the community mobilizers in the field, and be responsible for capacity building of mobilizers.
- Develop IEC materials and participate in conducting Mass media campaigns.
- Organize and plan for all events related to the project as simulation and open days.
- Implement any related tasks or activities requested by the project coordinator.
Program/project quality (25%)
- Coordinates with other project staff to develop the action plans and frameworks of the projects
- Supervises and monitor the project activities to insure the project goal and objectives are being met and that the project team is able to constantly improve the quality of program/project implementation.
- Ensures that program/ project field activities and events meet minimum PEF standards in their delivery and planning.
- Ensures standards are attainable and promote quality throughout organizational processes.
- Checks available standards and procedures and determines whether they adhere to minimum global standards, in addition, gives recommendation and modifications for standards and procedures development and improvement.
- Conducts site checks with other staff, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure Values, Policies and Codes of Conduct.
- Works closely with Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting officer on documentation and dissemination of program/project and monitoring and evaluation information to placement communities and local stakeholders within appropriate PEF’s minimum standards of quality.
- Works closely with the Executive Manager and Project Coordinator in updating the program/project performance in daily and monthly bases.
- Assists in design, review and innovation of program/project quality and learning frameworks of projects.
- Other duties as required.
- You may, occasionally, be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
Competencies and skills
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the PEF's values and ethical standards.
- Support promotion of PEF vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Understands time, cost implications of decisions, and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- Very good writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies.
- Very strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good IT and computer skills, including data entry, analysis and reporting programs.
- Good familiarity with electromechanical works and materials, water quality techniques and materials related to water desalination plants.
- Very good familiarity with gender equality issues.
- Has ability to multi-task.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with clients and partners
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines
- Participates effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum qualification Bachelor's degree
Maximum qualification Master's degree
Specialization required Public Health, Pharmacy, nursing, social sciences OR WASH related Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in WASH and Public Health
- Minimum of two years of practical experience with NGOs,CBOs, municipalities and WASH stakeholders
- 15 Months
- Good in English (written and oral)
Palestinian Environmental Friends Association (PEF) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, certificates and supporting documents through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
- Submission deadline is: Wednesday 3 , July 2019 ، 12 pm .
- Only shortlisted will be contacted.
For inquiries, please call the Association's telephone number: 2131506