Job title: Psychosocial Support Supervisor
Contract duration: 1 year, with possibilities of renewal
Location: Gaza Strip / Palestine
Starting Date: ASAP
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a French non-governmental organization which works in occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002.
PUI is operating in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and in the Gaza Strip. The organization is working in different fields such as basic needs, shelter, food security and livelihoods and cultural heritage.
Under the direct responsibility of the Gaza Strip Field Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Coordinator, the PSS Supervisor is in charge of the daily implementation and supervision of PSS activities in the field, of contributing to the development of PSS activities. He/She manages the PUI’s PSS Facilitators team.
The position entails frequent travels to areas of operations all over the Gaza Strip. The PSS Supervisor will report to Gaza Strip Field Coordinator
This is a full-time position from Sunday to Thursday.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Programs: He/She ensures proper implementation and monitoring of PSS activities falling under his/her responsibility. He/She contributes to the development of new PSS activities based on identified needs
- Human Resources: He/She supervises the PSS Team (PUI salaried employees)
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Representation: Upon delegation of the Field Coordinator or MHPSS Coordinator, he/she represents the association before partners and local actors/authorities involved in the implementation of PSS programs.
- Safety: He/She contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the project’ sites, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
Specific Goals and Related Activities
- ENSURE IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING OF PSS ACTIVITIES
- Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of PSS activities, according to the defined SOPs and workplan, with the support of the MHPSS Coordinator.
- Ensures the quality of the service provided and that all activities are in line with PUI’s technical guidelines.
- Works in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator and MHPSS Coordinator on the development, implementation, follow up and learning of/on PSS activities, including development of new SOPs and other framing documents, adaptation of existing SOPs, etc.
- Alongside the PSS team and depending on needs, directly implements PSS activities in the field (PSS needs and capacities assessment, facilitation of workshops, individual or group sessions, awareness-raising and outreach activities, open day events, etc.).
- Ensures the proper day-to-day functioning of PSS activities falling under his/her responsibility.
- Ensures that project planning and monitoring tools are up to date and accurate.
- Follows up weekly data entry by the PSS staff, and compiling the monthly report in line with project and donor requirements.
- Provides support for the development of adapted and culturally-sensitive key PSS messages for IEC, community activities and communication materials.
- Follows up the progress, challenges and achievements towards project targets and indicators in PSS activities and informs his/her line manager of any serious challenge in this regard.
- Contribute to the analysis of PSS data and other sources of information to assess progress and recommends improvements.
- Upon request of the MHPSS Coordinator, provides inputs for the development of PSS programming in the mission.
- Follows up the logistics, HR, and financial aspects of the PSS activities.
- Ensures the proper archiving of all the documents, tools and training materials produced in the context of project/s.
- Ensure good compliance of PUI’s data protection protocol regrading data collection, beneficiaries forms and storage of beneficiaries files at field level.
- Ensure providing a monthly update of PSS activities regularly to his/her direct supervisor, , as well as ensuring providing the PSS progress inputs to M&E department to feed project-related reports regularly. Follow up closely the budget consumption of PSS activities and provide any PSS financial-related updates upon request
- In cooperation with the PUI MHPSS coordinator and Gaza Strip Field Coordinator he/she will be participating actively in designing PSS activities budget.
- SUPERVISE THE PSS TEAM AND ENSURE CAPACITY BUILDING
- Ensures the application of the Internal Rules of Procedure of PUI for the mission, and guarantees that they are known and respected by the PSS team
- Under supervision of the Field Coordinator and MHPSS Coordinator, contributes to recruitments according with the needs of the projects, by creating and/or updating job profiles / job descriptions and participating in the hiring process (interviewing, testing, etc.).
- With support from the Field Coordinator and MHPSS Coordinator, ensures that each staff under her/his supervision is subject to a written appraisal at least once per contract period and per year, and at a minimum before leaving office.
- With support from the MHPSS Coordinator, identifies the training needs of the PSS team, identify topics of trainings according to those needs, to the assessed beneficiaries needs and to the project objectives.
- Based on needs and request from the MHPSS Coordinator, contribute to the provision of capacity building to the PSS staff and members of other teams when relevant, including Psychological First Aid.
- Ensures regular technical supervision of the PSS staff with the support of the MHPSS Coordinator, and provides advice/guidance to improve clinical practice and interventions.
- Supports the staff under his/her direct management in the fulfilment of their duties by ensuring that agreed activities and procedures are regularly and timely performed by the PSS team.
- Ensures team building among his/her team, promote team work and good working environment to ensure their wellbeing is maintained in the best shape.
- He/She will implement mechanisms for coordinating his/her own team and organize their supervision.
- He/she will act to prevent sources of misunderstandings or miscommunications that might create tension among his/her team and alert the Field Coordinator and MHPSS Coordinator to take the appropriate actions to address such concerns.
- ENSURE LOGISTICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR MHPSS PROGRAM
- Ensures that HR documents (attendance sheet, leave request, etc.) are communicated to the Admin & Finance manager at Gaza Strip base and his/her supervisor on time
- Upon request from the Field Coordinator, participates in analyses, detects possible anomalies, and proposes adjustments to the budget tracking of the program(s).
- In coordination with the Logistics Manager, he/she organizes the logistical components of his/her programs (BoQs, delivery, distribution, on-site storage, etc) and ensures appropriate space and materials are allocated for the good conduct of PSS activities.
- Communicates to the Logistics assistant on a weekly basis his/her needs related to vehicles and communication equipment for the implementation of programs.
- Prepares purchase requests according with the PSS needs and ensures proper communication of specifications with the log assistant using the appropriate Procurement logistical tools.
- INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL LIAISON
- Reporting continuously to the Field Coordinator and MHPSS Coordinator on the achievement of his/her objectives, the implementation of the program and the needs identified on the field.
- Reporting to MHPSS Coordinator on the required technical aspects and quality concerns
- Communicating the needs and requests of his/her team to the other departments, using the proper communication channels, and ensuring his/her team does the same with proper anticipation and level of formalization.
- Upon specific request from the Field Coordinator or MHPSS Coordinator, participate on an occasional basis in external MHPSS Sector Coordination meetings (i.e. in case of absence).
- ENSURE THE SAFETY OF PROPERTY AND PEOPLE
- Ensures that the safety plan is known by the team falling under his/her responsibility, and that safety rules are respected.
- Contributes to data collection on safety issues in his/her field of operations and disseminates them to the Field Coordinator regularly or on an ad-hoc basis if urgent.
- Ensures that projects, methodologies, or selection criteria do not place beneficiaries, PUI staff or any other persons at risk of harm.
- Ensures that members of his/her team and daily paid workers, as the case may be, are provided with safety gear adapted to their activities (for example: Covid-19 protection)
- Responsible for the compliance to the security policy on the activity sites, in PUI subbases and during the movements of his/her team.
- Reporting on the security situation to Field Coordinator and to Log/Security manager.
- Ensuring PUI security regulations are implemented by the program team, and that the proper validations are obtained.
- Upon request from Field Coordinator, contributing to PUI’s security analysis by his/her input.
- Ensures that protection principles are met at all times.
- Ensure his/her team is reachable when they are in the field and they are easily communicated through having efficient communication devices /Channels Make sure that the security updates are circulated to his /her team and they are adhering to it.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in psychology (or related field)
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in NGOs, iNGO or CBO
- Minimum 1 year experience in staff management position
- Demonstrated technical experience in implementing PSS-related projects
- Good management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Good writing skills in English
- Programmatic, financial, and organizational planning skills.
- English mandatory: very good command in spoken and written English.
- Good knowledge of the MS office software - Including Word, Outlook, Excel.
Required Personal Characteristics
- Communication skills
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Analytical skills
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills
- Great sense of confidentiality
- Ability to work in secluded and volatile contexts
- Cultural sensitivity
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups, particularly people with disabilities and people from communities highly affected by occupation-related violence (including settler violence).
All PUI workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in the PUI Code of Conduct and policies, including the Protection from Exploitation and Abuse Policy and the Child Protection Policy.”
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before February 26, 2023 04:00 pm, by sending an e-mail to
Please indicate the Position Title "Psychosocial Support Supervisor" in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.