CRS BACKGROUND: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS features a dynamic psychosocial support (PSS) portfolio that reflects the organization’s commitment to increasing vulnerable Gazan families’ access to quality PSS programming. Currently, a BMZ-funded initiative promotes child and caregiver wellbeing in Gaza and Middle Area. CRS is also partnering with a university to pilot a new PSS methodology based on emotional security theory and is enhancing organizational sustainability for local community-based organizations (CBOs) supporting PSS. In response to the profound and evolving psychosocial needs in Gaza, CRS is planning to focus future programming on meeting the distinct need for PSS services among adolescents and their caregivers and addressing outstanding protection concerns within their families and communities. Future projects will leverage CRS’ established, trusted presence and build upon existing community relationships.
The Field Officer will assist psychosocial project implementation in Gaza by working directly with local partners and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
- Support the coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for community representatives.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer activities.
- Ensure the Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics is communicated to and understood by partner staff, beneficiaries and relevant community members (through ongoing, age-appropriate, contextualized verbal and/or written information shared in local language)
- Ensure that beneficiaries and partner staff understand expected conduct of staff and how to safely report any concerns
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a field related to mental health and/or psychosocial support (MHPSS).
- Minimum 2 years of work or volunteer experience required; experience related to MHPSS, protection, safeguarding or community development and mobilization, preferably with an international NGO.
- Computer skills required.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required Languages – Strong written and oral English and Arabic required
Travel – Travel in Gaza required regularly. Project or country level meeting outside of Gaza anticipated on occasion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate in a constructive, humble and solution-oriented manner.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships in a cross-cultural context.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Experience working with partner organizations (local NGOs/CBOs).
- Experience working with children, adolescents and/or caregivers.
- Experience using IT solutions for project implementation/data collection and management a plus (e.g. iForm, CommCare, PowerBI).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Reports to a Project Manager. Responsible for coordinating with other programs and operations colleagues, including administration, procurement, finance, security, as well operations colleagues in Jerusalem.
External: Responsible for coordinating with partners.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the position’s requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة no later than Monday, 10 February 2020.