Position Title: Psychosocial Counselor (Full time 100%)
Place: El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 3 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of rehabilitation , development, education, health, culture, training in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Campaign for the Children of Palestine “CCP- Japan” organization will start a project entitled " Community Development for Rehabilitation and Reintegration of the Persons with Disabilities or the Other Challenges in Gaza Strip", which is funded by JPF. The project will contribute to promote independence of the persons with disabilities and in need for the treatment, without being left behind from the reconstruction process in Gaza.
S/he will be reporting directly to the PC and work on all program activities.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess mental functions, emotional status and social development of Persons with disabilities to determine the level and the type of cognition, perception and behavior deficiency as well as the strength and capacities, to assess their social environment and their social interactions.
- Design individual and group psychological support sessions and / or interventions that would contribute to the evolving capacities of PWD to the realization of the dignified life of them.
- Conduct home visit to PwDs to assess the needs and provide support to those who have registered their need for assessment and support purposes.
- To Provide counseling and guidance to individuals and groups and conducts home visits, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the other team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PWD, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Participate in the technical trainings that CCP will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PWD.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by CCP during working with PwDs.
- Refer to other specialists in NSR PT clinic or, in collaboration with the medical team, to other institutions for further assistance.
- providing individual, group and family counseling sessions to the targeted groups in addition to group activities such as peer to peer supportive groups for the caregivers in cooperation with the social workers and under the supervision of the technical supervisor.
- Report to the project coordinator using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis.
- To Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in psychology or psychosocial Counseling.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of psychology and development, significant experience working on rehabilitation projects and similar projects. preferably working with Persons with disabilities and Persons with injuries. Experience with NGOs is desirable;
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
- Excellent counseling skills and ability to work with female and male children, adolescents, adults and elderly.
- Creativity and ability to take initiatives.
- Prefer Candidates living in Rafah and Khanyonis.
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to [email protected]
- Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
- The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Psychosocial Counselor
Deadline for submitting applications 03/05/2020, no later than 02:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please