Job Title PSYCHOSOCIAL COUNSELOR
Location EAST JERUSALEM
Médecin du Monde Suisse
For 25 years, Médecins du Monde Switzerland, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field.
- Fluent English & Arabic, Hebrew an asset
- Essential working experience in humanitarian response and at minimum of three years in a relevant position.
- Experience in working with local authorities and partners
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
The Psychosocial counselor works in close collaboration with the other members of the field team and coordination team, he/she participates in the field’s meetings and reports to his/her direct supervisor and the General Coordinator.
Psychosocial counselor works to improve and maintain the psychological health of the people. He/she will work in various settings such as providing individual, group and family counseling sessions to the targeted groups in addition to group activities such as supportive groups, empowerment women and men and other types of groups.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- To Develop a plan of action at the level of his/her functional location and coordinates such actions with MDM-Switzerland generator coordinator.
- To Provide counseling and guidance to individuals and groups and conducts home visits, as appropriate.
- To Coordinate work with contracted partner(s).
- To Contribute to the expansion of the network of resources in the community through coordination activities with workers in the psychosocial field.
- To Develop and conducts activities to raise the awareness in the community as related to mental health, psychosocial well-being, optimum development of children and adolescents.
- To Develop plans for quick crisis intervention, whenever needed, in coordination and cooperation of other psychosocial counselors working in the same region, as well as other resources in the community.
- To Prepare the required reports.
- To Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- To report his activity to the general coordinator during the weekly referral meeting.
- To provide a monthly and detailed report of his/her activities, on appropriate forms, and a regular compilation of statistics to the general coordinator.
- To act as a team member sharing all the information needed for a multidisciplinary approach of the patient and with for the project in general
- To be actively involved in all internal mental health meeting organized in the field and in external meeting if his presence is required and relevant.
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment
- Willingness to work in insecure environment and to accept strict security rules
- Strong team spirit required
- Very good diplomatic and strong analytical skills, able to set up priorities
- Excellent counseling skills and ability to work with female and male children, adolescents, adults and elderly.
- Good knowledge of animation techniques with children.
- Creativity and ability to take initiatives.
- Ability to perform activities such as drawing, painting and music.
- Jerusalem ID is necessary and required.
- Israeli driver license is an asset.
The position is based in East Jerusalem.
Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday from 08:00-16:00.
10 months contract renewable according to MdM-CH salary grille (Category 4, level 1)
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English to: [email protected] titled “Psychosocial Counselor” no later than 10/02/2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.