Psychologist M/F Palestine
Médecins du Monde Switzerland is an International and independent Medical Organization founded in 1980, that provides humanitarian and development aid to those most in need. The organization observes the principles of medical ethics and humanitarian aid and is currently active in more than 65 countries. Médecins du monde Switzerland, created in 1993, has been working in the Palestinian Territories since 1994 prioritizing the provision of quality care in the field of mental health to people in need.
Under the direct supervision of the project coordinator, the psychologist will contribute to the development of MdM-CH strategy in the country and will support the implementation, the quality and the consistence of the activities developed by MdM CH’s team and partners.
- To provide MHPSS support to vulnerable population according to MdM Switzerland’s procedures and the objectives of the different projects.
- Conduct and/or support the implementation of the activities related to the promotion of MH considered in the different projects.
- Ensure the proper use of MDM resources in Palestine.
- Ensure the respect of MDM procedures in Palestine.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Main responsibilities and activities of the Psychologist can change according to the organization of the work and to the composition of the team.
- Programming, management & development
- Provide MHPSS to individuals and groups in targeted locations according to the activities included in the different active projects and the standard procedures validated by MdM Switzerland.
- Conduct community awareness sessions related to the promotion of the mental health and psychosocial well-being to partners, volunteers, and different groups of beneficiaries based on the individual needs and the activities included in the different active projects.
- Keep and improve a referral system for MHPSS cases.
- Develop and adapt specific didactic materials for technical topics and capacity building activities.
- Provide plans of interventions, ideas to approach areas and other out of box ideas to achieve the goals of the active projects.
- Participate in events, trainings, sessions, and meetings in collaboration with the project coordinator.
- Support the project coordinator in the design of new projects.
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Provide on-time periodic reports according to MdM Switzerland and donor’s templates.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the monthly plans.
- Conduct assessment activities when needed.
- Keep and improve the current data collection system according to MdM Switzerland and donor’s templates.
- Participate in the redaction of the project’s reports for the different donors in accordance with their guidelines.
- Report to the Project Coordinator on a monthly basis.
Participation in the security meetings and respect of the security rules set up according to the context.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology
- Training in psychotherapy or counseling
- Master's degree in Clinical Psychology, Advanced Mental Health degree, or equivalent are assets
- Graduation from the Gaza Community Mental Health Program is an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
- Previous working experience with local NGOs or INGO in similar positions, preferably in MHPSS projects and/or community intervention.
- Experience in developing and conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and previous participation in beneficiary selection processes, and case management.
- Experience in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) programs.
- Experience in collaborating with staff from MoH, MoEHE, MoSD, and civil society organizations.
- Previous experience in community engagement and participatory approaches.
- Good knowledge of Protection issues
- Excellent Communication skills
- Previous experience providing training or facilitating staff capacity-building activities and supervision sessions.
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment.
- Leadership, diplomatic and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in team.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives.
- Autonomy to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Ability to manage priorities effectively.
- Good skills in organization, coordination and transfer of knowledge.
- Ability to work with different groups of beneficiaries (female, male, children, adolescents, adults and elderly).
- To behave with self-restraint at all times and respect the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Ability to give and accept feedbacks.
- Willingness to improve own skills and capacities by participating in capacity building activities.
- Good communication skills.
- English proficiency.
- Ability to live and work in a difficult security context and willingness to accept security protocols.
- Confidentiality: observe absolute discretion on the documents, interviews, discussions and/or other info related to the intervention of MdM Switzerland in the country.
- Motivated at work.
- To believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality.
- Respect each team member’s position, work and specialty.
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Driver license is an asset.
- Good skills in writing and designing proposals.
المسمى الوظيفي Psychologist
آخر موعد للتقديم 27 - Nov - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف العلوم الإنسانية
- The position is based in Gaza.
- Contract Duration: 3 months can be renewable.
- Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday.
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivational letter in English to: [email protected] titled “Gaza Psychologist” before 27/11/2022.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM Switzerland أطباء العالم - سويسرا
24, Dec, 2022
23, Nov, 2022
PURCHASER / OFFICE ASSISTANT
17, Nov, 2022
17, Nov, 2022
22, Sep, 2022
10, Aug, 2022
رام الله والبيرة
28, Dec, 2021
رام الله والبيرة
23, Aug, 2021