Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières France
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
Starting date: As soon as we get the qualified candidate.
No of Jobs: 2 (full time)
Working Hours: from Sunday to Thursday 08:00-16:30
Contract Duration: 6 months contract (with 2 months’ probation period) - possibility of renewal.
Required Travel: No travel will be required but mobility across Gaza can be requested based on operational need.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- The psychological support is provided parallel to the treatment (hospitalization, Dressing, Physiotherapy etc.) in MSF services.
- The psychological support works with the medical part, in a specific way to allow pluridisciplinarity and provide the best care for the patient (informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment)
- The psychologist will work with the social worker to refer the patient in a relevant place according to the needs.
- The psychologist will handover the patient when possible after discharged
- The psychologist follows a formal form for the assessment and follow up.
- The psychologist products and collects the Datas of the mental health activities (he/she monitors the number of sessions, he/she uses the MSF tools like assessment form…)
- The psychologist produces a summary of the activity each month.
- The psychologist can be a support for colleagues to improve their skills, he/she is able to communicate and participate to create a safe working place.
- The psychologist reports to the MHAM/PSAM and shows some self-criticism skills, he/she can ask for help rather than work lonely, shows a will to learn and to share professional knowledge.
- The psychologist has a strong sense of ethic and respects the MSF rules about confidentiality.
- The psychologist posture is a non-judgment one.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: Masters in Psychology
Experience: Essential to have 2 years maximum experience as Psychologist
: Desirable previous experience in MSF or INGOs in developing countries
Languages: Arabic and English essential
Knowledge : Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Curiosity and will to learn
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with Motivation Letter both in English, Diploma and Certifications attached, deadline for the applications is 17 February 2022 at 4:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘PSYCHOLOGIST - Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID