Medecins Sans Frontieres “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire a
Workplace: MSF-France office in 15 street, Nablus
Type of contract: Fixed term contract 1 year (renewable according to the need)
Activity rate: Full Time.
Wished start date: as soon as possible
Main Responsibilities of the position
As a member of the clinical team, the Psychologist will be responsible to Provide psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition; the psychologist will be in charge of the following tasks (non-exhaustive):
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in psychology, Master degree desirable
- Arabic and English language essential.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Documents to provide
- Cover letter in English (maximum 1 page).
- Updated CV in English (maximum 2 pages).
- Scan of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position.
- Scan of your ID.
Submit your application via Form Stack only through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة before 2nd of June 2019.
Only successful applicants will be called for the written test and interview.
No telephone inquiries please