MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
PYCHOLOGIST in the WEST BANK
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Location: Jericho – West Bank
Contract Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Starting Date: ASAP
Deadline: November 27th, 2018
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make
effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political
and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality,
impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the
most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization
and advocate for social and political changes, with a human rights based approach and
mainstreaming gender perspective.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been mainly focused on Mental Health
and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), Primary Healthcare and Advocacy. In the West Bank, MdM-S is
directly providing psychosocial protection to Bedouin communities in Area C and E1, and promoting
community based resilience activities. In collaboration with local partners MdM facilitates access to
primary healthcare and improves the capacity of primary education staff to integrate psychosocial
and psychoeducational interventions in the schools, promote positive discipline and cope with
The objective of this position is to implement of mental health and psychosocial support activities in
the target communities and schools of Jericho Governorate and East Jerusalem based on MdM-S
methodology and under the supervision of the Psychosocial Coordinator/Project Manager/Mental
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
West Bank. The position will be based in Jericho City, with frequent visits to E1 Area and Jordan
Valley communities and Schools in the Jericho Governorate. Eventually the candidate would need to
attend coordination meetings in Ramallah.
The selected candidate will be part of the project team and will report to the Psychosocial Coordinator. He/She
will agree the technical aspects of the project with the Psychosocial Coordinator, including the monitoring.
Psychosocial and Psychoeducation interventions
-He/she will be part of a technical team with a social worker for the implementation of mental health and
psychosocial intervention with vulnerable population in Jericho Governorate and East Jerusalem. He/she will
implement psychoeducational and training activities with local partners. (35%).
- He/she will implement and follow up Psychosocial Interventions and Early Stimulation Program in
Bedouin communities, following MdM-S methodology, in coordination with the Social Worker.
He/she will support the proper management of cases and referral to other local organizations and
- Ensure proper application of standards, protocols and procedures, including data collection and
analysis. Follow and fulfill all reporting requirements by the Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health
Advisor/PM. Promptly report any deviation or risk detected. (10%)
- Participation in the definition of MdM strategy in the country, the design and justification of
projects, and the update of MHPSS protocols and tools. (5%)
- Support capacity building of partners and co-workers in his/her area of expertise. Develop training
materials when needed. (10%)
- Actively contribute to advocacy activities of MdM in relation to his/her area of expertise (5%),
- Contribute to the knowledge management of the organization in oPt, and in particular in terms of
logistics, studies and reports, and potential local partners. (5%).
- Any other tasks requested by the Pychosocial Coordinator, Mental Health Advisor, Project Manager
or Genco, in her/his area of expertise.
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedbacks and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in Psychology required
- Gender studies are an asset.
- Training on MHPSS in (post) conflict environment, Human Rights and/or Protection are assets.
- Training on Child development is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years in working with local NGOs or INGO in similar position, preferably in MHPSS projects with educational component.
- The following experience are assets:
1. MHPSS programing in (post) conflict areas.
2. Experience / knowledge in MHPSS outreach, case management and community engagement.
3. Experience in design and provision of trainings and capacity building activities.
- Driving license required.
- Ability to cope with hard context. Stress management.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Results oriented team management skills.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected] before November 27th, 2018 indicating in the subject: Psychologist.
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.