Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The Protection Technical Officer is responsible for the timely, high-quality, and effective provision of Protection services within their area of operation. This includes case management and individual protection assistance, protection monitoring, psychosocial support (PSS), awareness raising and community outreach and capacity building activities.
- Provide technical guidance for best-practice and ensure that services follow international standards in protection response and service provision (including NRC SOPs) for beneficiary children, youth, women, and men
- Carry out protection activities, including but not limited to: Psychosocial Support (PSS), Protection Monitoring, community capacity building, awareness raising, case management and individual protection assistance
- Ensure timely identification of vulnerable beneficiaries and quality referral to internal and external services
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers
- Maintain an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and ensure that protection assistants are informed about the available services
- Implement protection assessment and monitoring activities, including planning and conducting FGDs, field visits, KIIs, etc.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of activity data through established M&E mechanisms
- Produce monthly reports and support the Protection Coordinator/ Protection Manager in submitting internal reports as per schedule
- Train newly recruited staff on the service delivery, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures. Ensure continuous on the job coaching and mentoring
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in protection services or relevant humanitarian action
- University degree in social work, psychology, social sciences, anthropology and other related fields
- Experience working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, and safety of client at all times
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently and with limited direct supervision and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of the context in Palestine
- Good communication skills
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 6 months – with the possibility of extension
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة