Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The Protection Technical Assistant is responsible to provide technical assistant for the delivery of timely, high-quality, and effective provision of Protection services in areas of operations. This includes protection monitoring, psychosocial support (PSS), awareness raising, community capacity building, case management and protection assessments.
- Assist in provision of general protection case management services in compliance with best-practice and international standards in protection response (including NRC case management SOP’s) including assessment of need, development of case plan and referral/facilitation of access to services, follow-up, and case closure, for the most at-risk beneficiaries
- Direct delivery of high-quality Community Based Protection services, including PSS, protection monitoring, awareness raising and protection assessments
- Conduct field visits to beneficiaries and project locations
- Assist in conducting Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, Household assessments and other protection monitoring activities
- Enhance and facilitate discussion on main protection concerns and response capacity within the displaced and the host communities
- Support the Conducting of vulnerability assessment and identifying cases for assistance according to pre-defined criteria
- Ensure dissemination of clear and reliable information sessions on service provision and other pre-selected key topics
- Submit weekly and monthly activity plans, reports and recommendations for assessed persons and identified beneficiaries
- Accurately update the Protection database, ensuring adherence to data protection protocols.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on issues in the implementation of the program.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- At least 2 years of experience in Protection related work
- University degree in social work, psychology, social sciences, anthropology and other related fields
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, and safety of client at all times.
- Strong understanding of basic counselling and psychosocial support concepts; previous training in these areas strongly preferred
- Experience working in a similar role in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality and respect for beneficiaries
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility
- Good ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English (in addition to Arabic), both written and verbal
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 6 months – with the possibility of extension
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة