Position: Protection Mainstreaming Officer
Duty Station: West Bank
Mission: occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
The Protection Mainstreaming Officer will be responsible for technically supporting the development and implementation of a comprehensive protection, gender ,age, and diversity mainstreaming system catered to PUI’s MHPSS partners within the WBPC. The Protection Mainstreaming Officer will have to work extensively with PUI partners in order to establish a harmonized and operational protection mainstreaming structure across partners’ MHPSS activities throughout the West Bank (mainly but not limited to Nablus, Qalqilya, Tubas, Salfit, North Jordan Valley, Jericho, North West Bank, Jordan Valley,E1, Bethlehem, Hebron, and East Jerusalem). She/he will be tasked with coordinating the protection mainstreaming approach of 3-4 PUI MHPSS partners.
The Protection Mainstreaming Officer will receive technical support from the Protection Coordinator and be managed by the ECHO Project Manager.
More specifically, he/she will:
- Draft/Adapt and implement an assessment to map partners’ current protection, AGD, and PSEA mainstreaming policies and practices;
- Based on the conducted assessment, involve partners in drafting a protection mainstreaming action plan/strategy framework;
- Design and implement protection-related capacity-building initiatives, including training, mentorships, etc. for partner staff, based on the needs outlined in the initial conducted assessment;
- Support partners in all aspects of implementing the drafted protection mainstreaming action plan;
- Monitor the implementation progress of the drafted action plan;
- Act as the connecting link between PUI and partners in terms of protection mainstreaming, and promote positive collaboration and coordination within the WBPC;
- Strengthen synergies to more effectively address cross-cutting mainstreaming issues;
- Be available for external or internal coordination, meetings, ad hoc or regular, according to the needs;
- Provide timely internal or external reporting, when requested, according to needs;
- Promote timely, external coordination and collaboration with PUI, partners and other relevant agencies.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in direct service provision in the fields of MHPSS or protection;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Protection, AGD, and PSEA mainstreaming;
- Experience in designing and leading capacity building initiatives around Protection, AGD, and PSEA mainstreaming;
- Understanding of key protection and other cross-cutting mainstreaming principles and their practical applications in humanitarian work;
- Highly motivated with excellent communication skills and willingness to travel across the West Bank 80% of the working time (no overnight visits required);
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Knowledge of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) responsibilities within the humanitarian response;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written required;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
- Valid driving license.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before June 12, 2021, by sending an email to: [email protected].
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.