Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter, and WASH.
The purpose of the Protection Coordinator position is to implement Protection area project portfolio and provide support on specific technical competences related to programme development.
- Ensure quality delivery of protection portfolio activities, including case management, community-based protection, legal aid, protection monitoring and psychosocial support.
- Develop key implementation documents, such as project work plans, procurement plans and budget forecast and review to ensure timely implementation.
- Contribute to Protection area strategies and coordinate its implementation
- Coordinate Protection program implementation (project work plans, spending plans, M&E, synergies) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements
- Contribute to funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports
- Manage the Gaza Protection team, recruit new staff when required and support professional development
- Oversee Gaza Protection partners and ensure compliance with NRC policies and procedures
- Contribute to area needs assessments, surveys, and information collection on trends in protection risks and threats, services access, displacements, and changes in the humanitarian context.
- Participate in coordination mechanisms related to Protection Gaza with donors, authorities and clusters as delegated by PDM/AM
- Liaise with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant fora, as delegated by PDM/AM
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- University degree in field of law, international law, management and/or other relevant field
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant work experience in protection or management fields
- Experience working with donors, projects and in humanitarian context desirable
- Knowledge of the Protection and humanitarian context in Gaza
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, Fluency in Arabic
- Research, international law and advocacy experience preferred
- Experience working in project implementation positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results and technical competencies related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crises.
Contract duration: 12 months - Subject to funding availability
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza strip residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below