The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem is currently looking for a qualified candidate for the job post; Projects’ Development Assistant – full time- to join the general administration at the HQ offices.
For effective implementation, follow up and supervision of the different projects of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem. Project assistant helps produce proposals, plans and reports. Organize and maintains project files and databases. S/he assists with monitoring the project budget, scheduling meetings and preparing presentations.
To ensure proper coordination, execution, and monitoring of projects designed and implemented with respect the mission of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem and its respective stakeholders. Assist in the preparation of design and execution plans according to project and programs approved. Responsible for the coordination of all project schedules, resources, outputs, and inputs in clear verbal and written formats and according to LPJ internal procedures. Ensure that all project information are communicated to relevant parties in due course including all official correspondences, project schedules, project contents, and project supporting documents.
Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Work involves traveling within region and Jordan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the management team including coordinating multiple projects’ tasks, completing expenses reports, composing and preparing correspondence.
- Coordinates, and ensures the project’s schedule is followed and respected within the planned timeframe and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Works closely and effectively with the management team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities, and progress updates, contributing to the entire project lifecycle.
- Collects and records data for proposal and reporting inclusion.
- Keeps updates on time-restricted assigned tasks. Makes appropriate changes to the project schedule as conflicts arise.
- Assist in preparing power point presentations and reports about the progress or completion of work.
- Keeps the projects’ activities accountable to schedule, commitments and to donor requirements.
- Reports updates verbally and in written form to management.
- Assist and coordinates activities with the multiple specialties within the HQ.
- Manage, maintain and update project file systems and updates donors’ records on the fundraising database.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- Participate in training as requested by the administration.
Education: A minimum of a bachelor degree in Business administration, project management or any related field. A recognized 2 years relevant work experience.
PMP certificate is a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written in Arabic and English).
Foreign languages (Hebrew, French, Italian or Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to write in a creative, descriptive, technical or factual manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with software, MS. Office and Adobe InDesign software.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and excel in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong team player, with ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Integrity and strong identification with LPJ Core Values.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driving license
All applications will be handed in strict confidentiality. A cover letter along with a curriculum vitae should be submitted in English no later than June 8th 2018, only by email at: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted