The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem is currently looking for qualified candidates for the current job post; Information System Manager –Full Time Duty, under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer at the HQ offices in Jerusalem.
Under the supervision of the CEO, the information systems manager, located at the HQ offices in Jerusalem is responsible of serving the three regions of LPJ in Israel, Palestine, and Jordan.
This managerial position consists of assignments at different levels of responsibility. Business process re-engineering entails re-designing the way the work is done to meet the LPJ's goals and reduce costs. The candidate will need an understanding of the capabilities and constraints of technology and resource implications in terms of budgets, as well as the training and recruitment of specialized staff.
The position is responsible for managing and directing the information technology systems of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Oversee installation of the software/ hardware and implement solutions at the three regions of LPJ.
- Ensure the effective operation of the back-up systems.
- Together with the procurement department, recommend the needs and specs of the hardware and software purchase.
- Provide the ICT (Information Communication Technology) infrastructures for the organization.
- Contribute to the organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning.
- Technology Implementation, directing the work of systems and business analysts, developers, support specialists and other computer-related workers.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality while ensuring ICT facilities meet these needs.
- Plan, develop and implement the ICT budget and with the assistance of the procurement department obtaining competitive prices from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Research and install new systems related to the different department.
- Guarantee the smooth function of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision.
- Ensure that users adhere to the software licensing laws.
- Manage and maintain the physical and virtual servers.
- Provide secure access to the network for remote users.
- Secure data from internal and external attack.
- Offer appropriate support and advice for the users.
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Supervise and train new ICT support staff.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Manage the Cisco Systems, at all its layers.
- On call 24/7
- Protect LPJ's value by keeping information confidential.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum of a bachelor degree BSC in Business management with computer science and or information science.
- A recognized work experience in preparation, coordination, and assistance in management of projects, plans, schedules, monitoring and evaluation and reporting is desirable.
- A minimum of proven 5 to 6 years of relevant progressive full time information systems technology work experience.
- At least 1-2 years of administrative or managerial experience in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or any related area.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in Arabic, English and Hebrew.
- Analytical with Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in software, MS. Office and Bisan software.
- Ability to contribute to and implement organizational strategy.
- Time-management skills, multi-task and excel in a deadline-oriented environment and under pressure.
- Office 365 Cloud Services experience.
- CCTV Configuration & Managerial skills.
- Strong familiarity with Windows physical and virtual servers
- VMWare systems working knowledge.
- Cisco technology working knowledge.
- VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) working knowledge.
- ERP Systems working knowledge.
- Technical expertise, coupled with understanding of the related business and managerial principles.
- Knowledge in Cisco Systems, at all its layers.
- Knowledge in Cisco Call Manager.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Integrity and strong identification with LPJ Core Values.
- Willingness and ability to travel between and within Jerusalem & Westbank areas, Jordan and Israel independently.
- Valid driving license.
All applications will be handled in strict confidentiality. A cover letter along with a curriculum vitae should be submitted in English no later than August 6th, 2021 only by email at: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.