Title: projects Coordinator Ref.: PC -HP – 02 -2021
- Analysis of need, identification of projects objectives and activities and their relevance to community needs.
- Overall management of the projects scope, time (planning and scheduling), cost (budget), scope (quality), and other aspects of projects management in collaboration with direct supervisor and supporting departments.
- Responsible for coordinating the projects implementation with the organization supporting departments, in adherence to the organization policies and practices, and guided by IRPAL vision, and the projects goals towards achieving the anticipated results.
- Support the head of programmes in projects development to ensure projects continuity, relevancy and funding.
- Monitor and evaluate projects activities to maintain and/or improve the quality, incorporating learning in the programme and ensuring achievement of desired impact including design and analysis of base-line/end-line studies.
- Ensure projects documentation and visibility in collaboration with communication department through photos, videos, case studies and other special reports.
- Responsible for producing results-based reports as per the donors' and IRPAL requirements.
- Maintain records and analysis of humanitarian reports and publications by key players
- Promoting understanding and analysis on the thematic issues including participating in, supporting, coordinating or undertaking research activities, communications or advocacy initiatives, producing analyses and participating in meetings.
- Coordination with all relevant internal and external stakeholders (local authorities, donors, INGOs, local NGOs, CBOs, etc.) To facilitate the implementation of projects activities within the projects constraints of scope time and cost.
- Receiving partner reports (narrative and financial), reviewing them and giving feedback and support to partners to achieve adequate quality.
- Working with partner officer and finance team to provide support to partners support services and building partner capacity where necessary through providing directly, or organising, training in relevant areas of weakness.
- Monitor achievements of agreed partner milestones through weekly planning meetings with partners using agreed work-plans.
- Carry out needs assessment and research studies of the target groups, and design proper interventions.
- Continual development of competencies in the related fields especially Humanitarian related issues and mainstream the recent standards including the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS).
- Participate in the continual development, review, and implementation of Islamic Relief Palestine’s Humanitarian programme plan, in close coordination with IRPAL team and partners.
- Be responsible for providing direction and management to projects team, including the development of work plans.
- Implement the HR performance management system with all direct reports, ensuring clear work objectives, annual performance reviews and regular one-to-one meetings
- Assess the training needs of project staff and ensure appropriate training is provided.
Networking and Representation
- Represent IRPAL in front of relevant stakeholders, clusters and other networks, and participate effectively in coordination meetings, maintain good working relationships with local partners, international NGOs and UN organizations
- Identify and keep effective communications with key stakeholders and maximize their involvement during projects lifetime.
- Proactively identify opportunities to build key stakeholder relationships, and take the initiative to follow up with necessary action.
- Maintain mapping of local organizations and work with local partners to conduct and update vulnerability and context analysis and risk assessment.
- Working with partners in areas of mainstreaming, including inclusion and protection.
Implementation and Quality of the Projects:
- Make key decisions in relation to the tasks implementation, and offer solutions to problems that arise during the implementation of activities.
- Ensure the project meets IRPAL Quality Standards and Codes of Conduct.
- Ensure the activities are implemented and evaluated, in a consultative and participative manner, through regular field visits.
- Ensure the timely submission of high quality reports according to the appropriate guidelines.
- Participate in selection of local partners for implanting activities and supervise the implementation, and give expertise and guidance to partners according to IRPAL policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the line manager and finance department to ensure effective financial and budgetary control of the project, according to IRPAL policy and procedures.
- Responsible for controlling the project budget in collaboration with IRPAL’s finance department as per the policy and procedures.
- Ensure corrective measures are taken, to address over/under spends in the project budgets.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
- University degree from an accredited university
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar field with NGOs and INGOs
- Proven relevant experience in Food Security and Livelihoods projects implementation in the context of the Gaza Strip.
- Very good knowledge in Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA).
- Knowledge of humanitarian and development standards, like: CHS and Sphere
- Experience in working closely with international and local organisations.
General Knowledge & skills required:
- Strong knowledge and experience in Project Cycle Management
- Very good project management skills including coordination, communication, facilitation, and reporting
- Active team member, initiative and pro-active
- Problem solving tactics
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management.
- Demonstrated team management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills are a significant advantage, both for internal coordination and for working with key stakeholders, including training, capacity building and presentation skills
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English
- Good communication and coordination skills to deal with project team, stakeholders and beneficiaries,
- Understanding of international human rights issues,
- Ability to work under pressure, multi–task, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines,
- Competency in writing progress reports and narratives for donors,
- The ability to work on own initiative, effectively both as an individual and as part of a team,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office,
Interested applicants may get online Job Application Form from this link apps.irpal.ps/jobs/login.php
Important notes to applicants:
Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be short-listed.
Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer