SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Under the supervision of the Country Manager, implement programme activities according to the annual work plan and in line with donor regulations;
- Follow-up with partners);
- Maintaining and updating SPARK’s database;
- Overall administration for the office and project activities;
- Coordinates and monitor data entry for all data registration;
- Organise and coordinate extra-curricular training and support activities with local partners;
- Following up with implementing partners on the progress and deliverables as per the work plan;
- Provide inputs for quarterly and annual reports;
- Provide support to regional programmes where needed.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Thorough knowledge of the political and economic situation in the region;
- Prior experience working with refugees and/or IDPs is required; (It’s is important that this person understand the country context
- Minimum 3-5 years of practical experience in a comparable position in NGOs;
- Proven experience in project management;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Prior experience working on entrepreneurship and employability programmes and/or experience working in the private sector is required.
- Strong writing and reporting skills;
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting with a small and young team;
- Prior experience working on higher education programmes is an advantage;
- Advanced English and Arabic skills are desirable;
- Gender awareness;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- A challenging and interesting position in an international environment;
- Full time position 40h per week;
- Remuneration according to relevant work and working hours between 1200- 1500 USD gross.
- Dynamic team to work with.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with a motivation letter including salary expectations and CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/362 until 25th JAN 2022 with reference: Project Officer in Jobs and Entrepreneurship – State of Palestine
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please contact Country Representative Dina Almasaeid, [email protected]
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.