Position: Project and M&E officer
Application Deadline:10th February, 2023
Duration:12 months with a possibility for extension
Start Date: As soon as possible
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
SPARK is planning to hire a project officer under direct supervision of the Palestine Country Manager and the regional team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Follow up the implementation project activities to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Follow up with local partners on implementation of project activities and ensure smooth delivery of activities and support the selection, capacity assessment, contracting, monitoring, evaluation of local partners
- Coordinate with project officers and M&E team to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Set up plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
- Help in development and updating of monthly and quarterly reports to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects
- Periodically monitor and update all related system (Pims,SIS and BTS)
- Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs attendance sheets, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and agreements when relevant etc)
- Coordinate with Country Manger in alerting on all planned monitoring activities of the projects and troubleshoot problems
- Liaise with project officers in providing necessary technical support in reporting and implementation of project activities
- Budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with Spark and donor requirements in coordination with the Country Manager
- Support on procurement and other needs for project implementation
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Responsible for an up to date registration in our M&E dashboards of all the related tasks and figures.
- Review and verify local partner's narrative reports and conducting a thorough verification of results
- Support on writing quarterly and annual progress and narrative reports for the projects;
- ME&R field monitoring and visits to the areas of projects operation in Palestine
- Monitoring and evaluation for SPARK awarded business start-ups, offered internships and job opportunities
- Supporting in evaluation missions and responding to external evaluators or audits in ME&R matters;
- Support the regional ME&R team when necessary and when required.
- Other tasks as required.
- Participate in internal office coordination and planning meetings
- Other assigned tasks, as necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Business management, Information technology or any related field
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a similar position, ideally for an NGO
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven coordination & organization skills
- A hands-on and pragmatic attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility, integrity, result – oriented
- Experience with networking and communication
- Having a network in the target communities is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Understanding of livelihood/economic empowerment programmes
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience 1300-1500 USD
- Full-time contract 40h/per week;
- Training opportunities.
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/495 until 10th February 2023. Please, with the application send us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.