CARE Palestine (West Bank/Gaza)
CARE Palestine (WBG) is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Project Officer- Gender Equality (Job#2/2020)
CARE Palestine (WBG) Gender Equality Program is being implemented in partnership with local civil society partner organizations that directly aims to increase Palestinian women’s public leadership and influence over decision-making, particularly in the justice and security sectors. It also aims to promote the engagement of women and youth leaders to play an active role within their communities to enhance mutual understanding, confidence and trust, and challenge the obstacles that are largely excluding them from peace processes and decision- making.
The Project Officer (PO) will support in the implementation of CARE Palestine West Bank/Gaza Gender Equality Program. The incumbent will follow-up and support procurement, tracking financial transactions, and ensuring compliance and documentation requirements. In addition, the project officer will support, and guide the implementation of specific interventions/activities with local partners in communication and media. This would include media campaigns, media competitions, coordinating media/communications activities. The project officer will work with partners and key influencers in order to achieve these objectives.
Primary activities for the Project Officer include but are not limited to:
- Support the Program Management in procurement activities including preparing ToR, PRs, follow-up with vendors, evaluation of offers, tracking procurements and procurement plan, verification of payment requests, activity IDs, etc. and preparing progress reports as requested.
- Support Program Management to adhere with compliance requirements of the donor.
- Monitor, in coordination with the program team, the work and required deliverables of the sub-contractors/vendors to ensure adherence to the terms of the contracts and to ensure the quality of work meets predefined standards.
- Support all related program communications including the responsibility for sharing stories, knowledge resources, opinion pieces, presentations and background material for internal and external use, including fact sheets on thematic issues as well as state-specific content for CARE and partners’ websites and social media on the project activities to promote women equality, leadership and rights.
- Support and assist in the coordination for the local partners’ communications and media activities, such as media campaigns, media competitions, communication materials, etc with close collaboration with the Gender and Advocacy Coordinator and the Project Manager.
- Support the M&E processes relating to CARE’s projects
- Follow-up with program team and the local partners on the preparation and follow up a project procurement plan for all requested procurements/sub-contracts including support in obtaining required data for preparation of ToR, verifying receipt of goods and submitting the proper documentation.
- Conduct field visits to the partners and the beneficiaries to ensure compliance with CARE procedures and requirements and best use of deliverables and to ensure implementation of work plans.
- Participate in program meetings, workshops, and conferences as required and take minutes of meetings as need be.
- Support the Program Management in monitoring the project budget, expenditures, and forecasts, in addition to supporting the project managers in reviewing financial data, and coordinate with Finance Department in preparing the required financial reports.
Location: CARE office in Ramallah with frequent travel to the different districts within the West Bank, Gaza and 1948.
Reports to: KAYANI Senior Project Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economic development, project management, gender studies or any relevant field. Master’s degree in development studies is an asset.
- At least five years of experience in working in development projects or working with donor projects preferably in development projects and/ or gender sector.
- Previous experience in project management, procurement, tracking financial transactions and grants management.
- Outstanding organizational and documentation skills
· Basic understanding of M&E systems.
· Excellent reporting and communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Good understanding of donors’ policies and procedures.
· Excellent reporting skills in English.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
· Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, power point
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than Wednesday May 20th, 2020 and include the job number (2/2020) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be, contacted for an interview.
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all