Job Title: Project Officer
Department: Program Team
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: West Bank (Bethlehem preferred)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of health, humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is working to mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19 in Gaza and the West Bank. The program has two key components: 1) supporting health facilities to provide safe essential health care during COVID-19; and 2) supporting vulnerable households to practice safe behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19. CRS is working in close coordination with the Ministry of Health of the Palestinian Authority and the Health Cluster on this response.
The Project Officer will support implementation of all COVID-19 project activities in the West Bank related to partner outreach healthcare, risk communication and community engagement, and household infection prevention supplies, in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. This position in based in the West Bank, with Bethlehem as the preferred location.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience required. Experience with an NGO strongly preferred, and experience in would health, public health, or logistics would be a plus.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
The position is based in Bethlehem, with approximately 30% travel to project sites across the West Bank. Travel outside the West Bank is not expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; experience with ICT4D (e.g. CommCare and PowerBI) a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Emergency Director, MEAL Manager, Operations Manager, other staff and consultants dedicated to the project.
External: Partner(s) and NGO Healthcare Facilities in the West Bank
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
المسمى الوظيفي Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 15 - Mar - 2021
المكان بيت لحم
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online at jobs.crsjwbg.org and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by Monday,
March 15, 2021 is strongly advised.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
Emergency Response Field Officer
Livelihoods Project Officer
Livelihoods Field Officer
Senior Project Officer
Psychosocial Field Officer
Regional Supply Chain Management
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
(MEAL) Project Officer