The NGO Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit Palestinian organization whose main function is to empower civil society organizations (CSOs) to respond to the needs of the poor and marginalized. NDC provides a distinctive combination of direct grants to CSOs, to help them perform with improved quality and outcomes, while increasing access to services by the most vulnerable.
NDC is currently seeking a dynamic Project Officer with excellent conceptual, analytical and organizational skills to be based in its main office in Al-Ram. The Project Officer reports directly to the Project Manager and will be responsible for a portfolio of infrastructure and social cohesion projects implemented by CSOs in Jerusalem. The Project Officer must have easy access to Jerusalem.
Position: Project Officer
The Project Officer (PO) is the first and direct point of contact with the CSOs and the local community. His/her position ensures the flow of information and efficient communication between CSOs and the NDC. The PO main responsibility is to monitor projects implementation in East Jerusalem area. He/she will also be responsible for providing recipient CSOs with information and instructions regarding the project, its policies, and its procedures. The PO also represents a valuable capacity building resource.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the PO shall:
- Communicate eligibility criteria and the application process to CSOs and the community.
- Conduct evaluation and appraisal of grants applications submitted to the NDC for funding and provide recommendations on the submitted applications.
- Prepare Grant Implementation Agreements (GIAs), notification/rejection letters to new applicants, and prepare amendments to GIAs as needed.
- Monitor projects implementation and ensure adherence of CSOs to the signed GIAs, work plans, budgets, disbursements and projected outputs.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance to grants recipients and timely feedback on all aspects of projects implementation.
- Organize workshops, meetings and forums for exchange of experiences.
- Review and approve CSOs progress and financial reports, and prepare periodic status reports of supported projects.
- Actively participate in program team meetings, to discuss general implementation plans and share experiences and lessons learnt.
- Develop detailed periodic work plans and prepare field visit reports, progress and completion reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering, public or business administration, development, or other related fields.
- 5 years of experience in a comparable environment working with civil society organisations.
- Knowledge of the NGO sector and the development environment in general (preferably in Jerusalem).
- Excellent facilitation skills, project cycle management, monitoring, supervision, bids and contracts management.
- Ability to coordinate and follow up multiple projects.
- Strong communication, analytical and writing skills in Arabic and English
- Valid Jerusalem driving license.
Interested Applicants should send a CV with a motivation letter to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline for receiving applications is Thursday, October 1, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.