Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international humanitarian relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961. CRS currently supports humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. In Gaza, CRS supports vulnerable households with access to food and critical living supplies, shelter rehabilitation for families living in sub-standard housing, and psychosocial support for adolescents and caregivers. CRS also works with young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza, focusing on improving their networks and skills and enabling them to enter and remain in the labor market. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS has expanded its programming to support the prevention and response of COVID-19 in Gaza. CRS is providing risk communication and access to supplies needed to keep families safe at the household level. At the health facility level, CRS is supporting health facilities with the qualified surge staffing, medical supplies, and training needed for COVID-19 prevention and response.
The Project Officer (PO) will monitor and report on COVID-19 prevention and response project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The PO will oversee the implementation of detailed implementation plans, coordination with external partners, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) for COVID-19 prevention and response in Gaza. The PO will actively collaborate and participate in reflection events to inform strategic directions of and adjustments to the project. The PO’s thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all project activities in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Lead development, monitoring, and regular updating of detailed implementation plans.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Contribute to preparation of reports per established reporting schedule. Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Coordinate activities with external partners including local NGOs and health facilities as well as with internal departments and teams including supply chain, administration, MEAL, and others program teams.
- Update assessments and problem analyses based on primary and secondary resources to reflect the changing needs of health facilities and households in Gaza due to the impact of COVID-19. Participate in reflection events to review and revise project strategies based on changing needs and gaps.
- Coordinate project MEAL including by supporting development of plans and organizing learning and evaluation activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Public Health, Medicine, or a related field would be a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of health for an INGO.
- Knowledge of approaches and industry best practices for infection prevention control (IPC) at health care facilities or social behavior change would be a plus.
- Experience working with partners.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Experience using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems (e.g. iForm, CommCare, PowerBI) a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel Required: Travel in Gaza required regularly.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Reports to the Emergency Program Manager. Responsible for coordination within the project team including MEAL staff as well as with the Head of Office and Operations departments including Administration, Finance, etc. Coordinates with project colleagues in the West Bank, as needed.
External: Serves as key point of contact on COVID-19 response and prevention activities with project partners in Gaza, including health facilities.
DISCLAIMERS: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by Saturday, June 27, 2020 is strongly advised.