Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
GIZ has been commissioned by Engagement Global GmbH / Service Agency Communities in One World (SKEW) to provide technical and logistical support for strengthening city partnerships between Palestinian and German municipalities (SKEW Project “German-Palestinian Municipal Partnerships Project”). In order to promote and sustain these partnerships, and German-Palestinian inter-municipal cooperation, several networking and capacity building activities for municipalities are implemented and supported by the project. The project support to the Palestinian and German municipal partnerships is closely linked to the Local Governance Reform Programme (LGRP). In order to support the Programme Team at Ramallah GIZ office, we are looking for a 100% full time position:
The position involves technical tasks (approx. 60%, City-to-City partnerships project) as well as administration tasks (40%, City-to-City partnerships project and the Local Governance Reform Program).
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the project technical advisor in implementing the city-to-city partnership project operational plan and allocating resources for the completion of outputs.
- Assisting the project technical advisor in financial monitoring and management
- Supporting the development, implementation, and monitoring of municipal partnerships and projects
- Supporting the implementation of capacity building activities, bilateral and thematic exchange visits and round tables.
- Coordinating project related tasks with the project core team (based in Bonn, Germany), municipalities and other relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Facilitating the participation of relevant municipal staff in international exchange events and networks.
- Facilitating the delivery of capacity building formats; (e.g. fit-for-cooperation and inter-cultural training packages to relevant municipal staff.
- Ensuring timely delivery of outputs in line with administrative and accounting requirements in line with GIZ’s and Engagement Global’s guidelines and regulations.
- Providing administrative and logistic support for above-mentioned activities, such as: organization of workshops, information tours, conferences, seminars and other networking events and respective travels of counterparts and consultants.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments etc. and coordinating with partner municipalities and service providers as appropriate.
- Assisting in defining and contracting consultants and service providers and ensuring proper documentation of activities.
- Supporting the overall procurement process for services and goods in line with the GIZ’s rules and regulations, incl. developing ToRs, obtaining offers and support the conclusion of contracts and purchase orders.
- Supporting in development and translation (Arabic/English) of publications and invitation packages (press releases, promotional materials, invitation letters, agendas, needs assessment forms, participation and evaluation forms, etc.)
- Regularly reporting to the project technical advisor and Head of Programme
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in public administration, business administration, finance, political science, communications, international relations, or any related field of study.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience in communications, administration, coordination, and financial management. Preferable experience: working experience in local governance sector, establishment and management of exchange networks.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic, command of German is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint). Multimedia skills (e.g. InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator) is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet).
- Ability to work in complex environment and under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Ability to travel on mission (also abroad), if needed.
Assignment: Starting 1st of March 2020.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than Tuesday 28th of January at 4:00pm.
Kindly state in the email subject “Project Officer-LGRP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form