The Project Officer (PO) will support in implementing “Souqona” project that adapts a hybrid market system approach that deals with Value Chains (VCs) and its actors along with the most important components of the market system: support services, main components of the enabling environment, gender/social roles and norms, environmental sustainability, climate change adaptation, institutional structures and relationships between institutions.
The successful candidate will support the project management and field staff in the implementation of the various activities, following-up and supporting procurement, tracking financial transactions, and ensuring compliance and documentation requirements for Souqona Project.
rimary activities for the Project Officer include but are not limited to:
- Follow-up with the field officers and local partners on all requested procurements/sub-contracts including support in obtaining required data for preparation of ToR, verifying receipt of goods and submitting the proper documentation.
- Conduct filed visits to the beneficiaries to ensure compliance with CARE procedures and requirements and best use of deliverables.
- Ensure smooth flow of the documents between the field and main office.
- Support implementation of activities and events. And support the Project Manager in the implementation of the project activities and work plans.
- Conduct filed visits to selected partners and beneficiaries to ensure implementation of work plans.
- Participate in project meetings, workshops, and conferences as required.
- Support in facilitating CARE and donors’ meetings, visits, and information requested.
- Support Project Management in achieving planned outcomes.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economic development, engineering, gender studies or any relevant field.
- At least five years of experience in working in development or working with donor projects preferably in the agriculture sector.
- Previous experience in projects management, procurement, tracking financial transactions and grants management.
- Outstanding organizational and documentation skills
- Basic understanding of M&E systems.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of donors’ policies and procedures.
- Excellent reporting skills in English.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, power point
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected]e.org to the attention of the HR Department no later than Tuesday January 9th, 2020 and include the job number (11/2019) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be, contacted for an interview.