Job Title: Project Officer
Reports To: Program Manager
Country/Location: Bethlehem – CRS JWBG
Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian relief and development agency of the Catholic
community in the United States and has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since
1961. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
The CRS JWBG country program currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief,
livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem,
Gaza and Bethlehem. In the West Bank, CRS is currently implementing Strengthening Herders’
Resilience, a four-year agricultural livelihoods project funded by the German Federal Ministry for
Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
As a member of the Strengthening Herders’ Resilience project team, the Project Officer (PO) will
monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving
the poor and vulnerable. The PO’s thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project
consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to
those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the
detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor
requirements, and good practices.
• Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and
• Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting project
team in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools.
• Collaborate with project team to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
• Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs and monitor capacity
building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
• Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for
case studies and reports on promising practices.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; degree in agricultural sector or related fields strongly preferred
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support; experience implementing
programming for an NGO preferred
• Knowledge of social behavior change approaches, rural development and natural resource
management is a plus, including understanding of herding and/or dairy production.
• Adult teaching experience is a plus.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required Languages - Fluent Arabic and English language skills are required
Travel - The position is based in Bethlehem, with approximately 30% travel to project sites across
Hebron and Bethlehem Governorates. Other travel within the West Bank may also be required.
• Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
• Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Key Working Relationships:
• Supervisory: Field Officers
• Internal: Program Manager, other project staff, MEAL Project Officer, Head of Programs,
Regional Technical Advisors for livelihoods and agriculture.
• External: Community members, MoA staff, other local stakeholders, technical staff from other
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member
to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and
responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and
vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to complete the application form and submit their CV and a cover letter that directly addresses the positions requirements online through Apply Now-button below no later than September 5, 2019.