ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
- In charge of daily follow-up for monthly and weekly planning of activities in coordination with implementing partner and Project Manager.
- Ensure the project implementation is in line with its planned outputs, indicators set and timeframe.
- Conduct regular field visits to relevant communities and stakeholders.
- Review projects’ BFU, provide accurate monthly forecasts with BOQs and cash requirements, in coordination with Project Manager and Field Coordinator.
- Contribute to the development of projects’ Procurement plans, in coordination with Project Manager and Field Coordinator.
- Respect FLATS procedures by ensuring efficient project records and documentation.
- Respect ACTED’s code of conduct and polices.
- Ensure that the Field Coordinator is well informed of the project activities and progresses.
- Ensures that all needed information/figures necessary for reporting are well tracked and recorded
- Monitoring and Reporting
Performance and quality monitoring:
- In charge of the performance and quality project implementation to ensure that indicators are being met in coordination with the AME Unit.
- Ensure lessons learned and best practices are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making.
- Responding to/handling complaints as requested by the AME officer and in coordination with Project Manager and Field Coordinator.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating project work plan, including implementing partner work plan.
- Submit monthly project report, project management follow-up- PMF, field visits reports and weekly plans on time to the Project Manager and Field Coordinator
- External Relations, internal communication and coordination
- Participates in meetings (local authorities, stakeholders) when related to the project implementation or as required by Project Manager and Field Coordinator
- Represents ACTED to external actors, including local authorities, key stakeholders, clusters
- Responsible for sharing information of the project activities/progresses raising issues and challenges by and keeping regular communication with Field Coordinator, Project Manager, PD, Coordination and other departments.
- Coordinates activities with implementing partner through regular meetings .
- Follows up with implementing partner’s activities by reviewing their monthly reports and workplans, in coordination with Project Manager, and raising any issues to implementing partner/Project Manager.
- Coordinates activities with project officer in West Bank to ensure timely and efficient project implementation.
- Perform any other duties requested by the Project Manager or Field coordaintor.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, development studies or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience with development projects.
- Previous work experience with INGOs is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills; ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…).
- Valid Driving Lisence.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 15/05/2018 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Project Officer - Gaza) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Att: Human Resources Department