ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Project Officer for 12 months period (extendable).
The post location is Hebron.
Start Date: Immediately.
The objective of this position is to for ensure efficient field implementation of ActionAid’s project entitled: "Social innovation to combat youth unemployment and increase the economic resilience of the communities in Area C of the West Bank" funded by the Italian Cooperation and in partnership with ActionAid Italy.
The key responsibilities areas for this position will be as follows:
- Implement, monitor and evaluate project's activities in accordance with ActionAid policies and procedures.
- Contribute to development of annual and monthly plans together with projected spending and monitor progress against this plan closely.
- Ensure that activities are taking place on time and in accordance with the budget and work plan whilst maximizing the benefit of the project for the community.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field and ensure all forms of monitoring are documented.
- Ensure compliance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework and the Overall Project's Logical Framework Matrix.
- Ensure that narrative and financial monthly progress reports are submitted on time to the Project Coordinator.
- Facilitate and organize communities, women and youth groups for Participatory Review and Reflection Process at community and cluster level.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, Development Studies or Management.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a multi-culture working environment.
- Experience in implementation of development projects and in undertaking monitoring, evaluation activities.
- Very good understanding of Human Rights Based Approach and women's rights with practical evidence of experience.
- Good knowledge of finance and accounting systems.
- Excellent planning, organization, time management, and coordination.
- Strong leadership and facilitation capacity.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Travel frequently within Palestine.
Indicative salary range: ILS 58,646.00 to ILS 76,437.00 gross per annum.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 2nd April 2018 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.