Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is an international NGO headquartered in Hiroshima, Japan. We are dedicated to the support people in distress, threatened by conflict, poverty or other turmoil. Our vision is to create a world where people can live without the threat of conflict and poverty, full of hope and respect for one another. PWJ has worked in more than 26 countries throughout the world since it was established in 1996. In FY2018, PWJ had operations in 18 countries with a total operating budget of approximately $43 million. PWJ has been working in Palestine since 2015, providing assistance to youth and children in Gaza.
The recent hostilities have severely impacted Gaza Strip and lead to more than 9.000 people that had to leave their homes, thousands losing their livelihood activities, etc. This situation has considerably increased the needs in terms of food security, water, hygiene and other needs placing the already vulnerable populations in a further higher risk situation.
The project distributes food, hygiene products, and non-food items to people in Northern Gaza Governorate and Gaza City whose home have damaged and who lost a mean of livelihood and an access to their basic needs by the conflict.
Under the direct supervision of the PWJ Program Coordinator, the Monitoring Consultant will be responsible for supporting the Program Coordinator in monitoring and reporting of the project [Emergency relief for conflict-affected people in the Gaza Strip] implemented by Peace Winds Japan and its partner organizations. The position is based in Gaza.
Tasks may include but are not limited to;
Support to project monitoring
- Field visits to monitor project activities ensuring the smooth and effective implementation of the project
- Interview the project stakeholders including beneficiaries in Beit Hanoun, Beit Lahiya and Gaza city and get feedback on their concerns and level of satisfaction
- Supports in the data collection and entry of project information and data analysis
- Make recommendations for the improvement of the implementation of the activities and other
- Facilitates the communication with the partners of the project in Gaza
- Submitting weekly activity reports and a final comprehensive report with photos and/or videos taken in the field.
- Participates in the related clusters and keep PWJ informed
- Support in implementing evaluation activities conduct by the donor
- Collecting security information and analyzing security situation in Gaza
- Translating documents and verbal communication from English to Arabic and vice versa
- Perform other duties as requested by the PWJ Program Coordinator, Field Coordinator or Head of Mission
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
PWJ is seeking a candidate that is able to multi-task, meet deadlines, work proactively within a team, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and can exercise sound judgment with integrity.
The candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A university degree
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to write professional and formal Arabic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- More than 2-3 years experience working for a national or international NGO in project implementation, monitoring or similar capacity
The experience of distribution of humanitarian assistance projects and monitoring and evaluation experience is an asset.
In accordance to individual’s qualification based on PWJ’s salary scale.
Please submit a cover letter (no more than 1 page long) and CV (no more than 2 pages long) with the following subject: PROJECT MONITORING CONSULTANT: YOUR FULL NAME to [[email protected]] no later than [27 July 2021 at 5 PM].
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, and we do not respond to individual inquiries about the status of the application.