Program Coordinator – Local Consultant
Position title: Program Coordinator – Local Consultant
Duration: From November 2021 for four months with possible extension for multiple years
Closing date: 17 October 2021
Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is an international NGO headquartered in Hiroshima, Japan. We are dedicated to the support people in distress, threatened by conflict, poverty or other turmoil. Our vision is to create a world where people can live without the threat of conflict and poverty, full of hope and respect for one another. PWJ has worked in more than 33 countries and areas throughout the world since it was established in 1996. In FY2020, PWJ had operations in 19 countries with a total operating budget of approximately $44 million. PWJ has been working in Palestine since 2015, providing assistance to youth and children in Gaza.
PWJ has been running various humanitarian projects in Gaza such as provision of health and nutrition support to vulnerable preschool-aged children and provision of vocational training to unemployed youth, provision of the emergency relief assistance to the victims of the May 2021 conflict. PWJ also plans to expanding its operation to West Bank.
Under the direct supervision of the PWJ Head of Mission, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing PWJ projects. The position is based in Jerusalem.
Tasks may include but are not limited to;
- Coordinate with implementation partners for successful project implementation
- Manage local staff and consultant in the field
- Check financial documents related to the projects and office management
- Draft monthly and project completion report to the donors in English
- Oversee the project budget in cooperation with implementation partners
- Support Administration Manager in daily accounting and office audit
- Collect necessary information for developing a new project and draft proposal for a new project in English
- Organize and participate in meetings with stakeholders including the local partners, donors and AIDA.
- Translate documents and verbal communication from English to Arabic and vice versa
- Perform other duties as requested by the PWJ Head of Mission, or Administration Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
PWJ is seeking a candidate that is able to multi-task, meet deadlines, work proactively within a team, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and can exercise sound judgment with integrity.
The candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A university degree
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to write professional and formal Arabic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent budget management skill
- More than three-year experience working for a national or international NGO in project management or similar capacity
- More than three-year experience of proposal writing
The experience of field security management is an asset.
Remuneration In accordance to individual’s qualification based on PWJ’s salary scale.
Please submit a cover letter (no more than 1 page long) and CV (no more than 2 pages long) with the following subject: PROGRAM COORDINATOR CONSULTANT: YOUR FULL NAME to [[email protected]] no later than [17 October 2021 at 5 PM].
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, and we do not respond to individual inquiries about the status of the application.