Project Manager- SALALEM
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
SALALEM is an innovative, five-year project that focuses on improving the networks and skills of young women and youth with disabilities, enabling them to enter and remain in the labor market. This project further seeks to build support from key influencers in the home, workplace, and community, creating an enabling environment in which young women and youth with disabilities realize increased agency and self-reliance. Through SALALEM, these marginalized individuals in Gaza and the West Bank will become better prepared for jobs, with opportunities to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities.
The SALELEM Project Manager will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the SALALEM project objectives advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work. Your project management skills and knowledge of the program areas – specifically gender equality, economic empowerment, disability inclusion, and social behavior change – will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will lead technical, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities through the project cycle - start-up, implementation and close-out - in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise project staff. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following CRS MEAL Policies. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Engage and strengthen partnerships relevant to SALALEM, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Represent the organization with donors, INGO working groups, UN, relevant local partners (e.g. Universities) and relevant community actors for gender empowerment, livelihoods, and disability inclusion including project employers and other private sector actors.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material and human resources for the quality implementation of the project. Conduct periodic budget reviews and follow-up with partners on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Assist with preparation of reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree in Project Management, or a related field, a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience specifically in NGO project management, ideally in the field(s) of gender equality, economic empowerment, disability inclusion, and/or social behavior change.
- Experience supervising staff is required.
- Experience managing budgets is required.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data is required; experience measuring behavior change and qualitative, outcome-level indicators a plus.
- Knowledge of approaches and industry best practices for social behavior change, women’s empowerment, disability inclusion, livelihoods, and/or adult education programming strongly desired.
- Experience working with partners, conducting participatory action planning, leading community engagement, and engaging other stakeholders strongly desired.
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for Global Affairs Canada or other public donors, a plus.
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Systems (MEAL), and project reports (e.g. for the donor).
- Experience using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems (e.g. iForm, CommCare, PowerBI) a plus.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages - Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel - Travel in Gaza required regularly. Project or country level meeting outside of Gaza anticipated on occasion (10%).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management and active listening skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive situations and information with professionalism, maintaining confidentiality and supporting a Do No Harm approach.
- The ability to work effectively with local stakeholders; representation abilities.
- The ability to handle sensitive information and situations with professionalism and in accordance with CRS policies and procedures.
- Ability to contribute to written reports, in English.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
Agency-wide Competencies (required for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisory: Project Officers and Project Assistant.
Internal: Reports to the Program Manager for the SALALEM Project. Responsible for coordination within the project team including with MEAL and ICT4D as well as with Head of Office and operations departments, including Administration, Procurement, Finance, Security, etc. Coordinates with project colleagues in the West Bank.
External: Serves as key point of contact with two project partners in Gaza. Provides support for donor, third-party monitor visits, and other coordination efforts, as needed.
DISCLAIMERS: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة. Submission by Wednesday, April 8, 2020 is advised.