Official Job Title: Project Manager
Primary Assignment Location: Al-Kuwait Development Center and Technology Incubator (UCASTI) - University College of Applied Sciences (UCAS)
Aoun Al-Shawa Street,
Tel Al-Hawa, Gaza
Duration: The expected duration is 18 months. The first contract will be for six months, followed by a second contract one year by taking into account a positive performance evaluation. Later extension depends on the future need and the availability of the funded projects.
Kuwait Development Center & Technology Incubator is an integrated work system that aims at supporting young entrepreneurs to lay down the cornerstones in research and e-marketing fields. It will operate according to a successful model that would promote economic development by implementing entrepreneurial projects in various fields and sectors.
There is a strong need to hire a project manager working full time under the project management unit of UCASTI to support and strengthen the working team and take on responsibility of managing one of our future projects. The Project Manager is expected to directly report to the Programs' Director in UCASTI and work closely with other Project Managers.
The main responsibilities for the Project Manager are managing and overseeing the quality and timely implementation of the project and its activities. The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring the work and the deliverables of staff and consultants contracted by UCASTI through the project, to ensure that submitted deliverables hold a high quality and are submitted on time. Further, the Project Manager will be responsible for collecting data, monitoring and reporting on indicators and targets set to evaluate the progress and results achieved by the project. The Project Manager will be also responsible for briefing the programs director at UCASTI in a timely manner on progress and obstacles of the implementation of the plan and the quality of the work conducted.
The responsibilities of the selected Project Manager are as listed below:
- Managing and coordinating all administrative aspects of the project in close collaboration with the relevant staff, in order to achieve the desired results and greatest impact of the project.
- Carrying out all planned activities in an effective and timely manner and ensuring that project implementation is according to the milestones set out in the approved implementation plan (IP).
- Applying and following the planning and monitoring reports; collecting data and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities, monitoring and evaluating performance regularly against agreed project objectives and indicators.
- Develop TORs and recruiting staff members and consultants to conduct work on specific activities and objectives set forth in the IP.
- Managing and guiding staff members and consultants contracted by UCASTI to work on the activities and objectives listed in the IP, and ensuring that their work is conducted in a timely manner and hold high quality.
- Reviewing all deliverables and reports to be submitted to the donors prior to submission and coordinate with staff members and consultants to ensure that the quality of the deliverables and reports submitted to the donors are according to relevant guidelines.
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of quarterly and annual activity progress reports, financial reports for internal and external use.
- Monitoring project funds, approving project disbursements according to the Budget Plan.
- Establishing operating arrangements for financial management and accountability, including ensuring all supporting documents are maintained and an orderly filing system is in place.
- Liaising with the programs' director of UCASTI throughout the project cycle, informing about the progress and obstacles in the implementation and providing the necessary documentation upon request from the programs' director and other supervision levels;
- Coordination with partners and stakeholders.
- Scheduling and organizing meetings/events and activities.
- Assisting in writing and editing news articles for the media about the project achievements and manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Conducting field monitoring visits of project activities and liaise closely with project staff to ensure quality implementation.
- Any other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the project objectives according to the request of UCASTI.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- University degree in engineering, business administration or any related field.
- Minimum Three-Year’ experience in program/project management.
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage complex project work.
- Experience in managing European Projects funded projects or/and other INGO funded projects (Preferable).
- Experience in recruiting, managing, guiding and motivating staff members and consultants;
- Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- High level of English and Arabic proficiency: reading, writing and speaking.
- Experience in developing budgets and follow up financial aspects.
- Experience in managing projects with multi-stockholders that have different interests.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and excellent knowledge and command of computer programs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to attend to details, to successfully manage and administer a complex workload within the deadlines specified.
Send your application through the following link LIKN highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and transcript for Bachelor and Master degree, including PhD (if any), and recent personal photo. Applications sent without ALL the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading "Application for Project Manager".
Application documents should reach the email by Tuesday 15th, February 2022. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.