TERM OF REFERENCE (TOR)
FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL) OFFICER
Official Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer.
Primary Assignment Location: Al-Kuwait Development Center and Technology Incubator (UCASTI) - University College of Applied Sciences (UCAS)
Aoun Al-Shawa Street,
Tel Al-Hawa, Gaza
Duration: 1-year contract, renewable based on Funds availability.
Kuwait Development Center & Technology Incubator is an integrated work system that aims at supporting young entrepreneurs to lay down the cornerstones in research and e-marketing fields. It will operate according to a successful model that would promote economic development by implementing entrepreneurial projects in various fields and sectors.
There is a strong need to hire a MEAL Officer working full time under the MEAL unit of UCASTI to support and strengthen the working team. The MEAL Officer is expected to directly report to the Programs' Director in UCASTI and work closely with other MEAL Officers.
The MEAL officer is responsible for all aspects Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning at a strategic and program wide level. The MEAL position is not only an internal advisory role, but a position with a combination of advising, training and doing.
The responsibilities of the selected MEAL Officer are as listed below:
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project/ program results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact).
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation; development and/or adaption of MEAL tools.
- Provide technical advice and capacity-building support to relevant staff in the incubator.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of baseline and endline data or other surveys according to the project design.
- Develop the accountability and feedback mechanism for incubators’ projects.
- Regularly collect data on and analyze the Complaints Reporting and Feedback Mechanism accountability data to the Incubator team.
- Develop data and information management plans to strengthen knowledge sharing and learning across the organization.
- Contribute to developing and reporting project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organization, donors, private sectors partners, and national authorities
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation Business Administration, or any related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the field of MEAL.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation and cross-cultural communication.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational. and time management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and excellent knowledge of computer software.
- Fluency in English and Arabic; excellent written and oral communication skills.
Those who believe they have the necessary qualifications should fill the application form and upload their CV using the following link. https://bit.ly/3t8XVqi
Any application that does not meet the minimum requirements will be rejected, and only qualified candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.
Application form should be submitted by Monday 21st, March 2022. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.