Position: Project Manager.
Organization: The Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network (PNGO).
Location: West Bank, Palestine.
Project Title: ‘’SHORAKA’:’Enabling the Environment of CSOs in Palestine and Participation of Grassroots Organizations in Decision Making Process and Constituency Building’.
Duration: 36 months. Full-Time position.
Reports to: Directly to West Bank PNGO Executive Director.
PNGO is the biggest network for Palestinian CSOs. It was established in 1994. It is considered the main coordinating body and the institutional umbrella in which over 142 organizations are members. PNGO upholds and promotes values of democracy, social justice, and sustainable development while performing its various roles. PNGO works to support, strengthen, and consolidate Palestinian Civil Society, through coordination among national platforms, and through launching projects and implementing activities with member organizations and networks. PNGO leads a pivotal role as a ‘coordination committee’ among non-governmental platforms by supporting the different Palestinian networks and sectors.
PNGO is the lead applicant in the EU funded project ‘SHORAKA شركاء’. The aim of the project is to enable the environment of CSOs in Palestine, and to promote the participation of grassroots organizations in decision making and constituency building. This project aims to enhance and elevate CS’s capacity in national policy dialogue and policy monitoring. Despite the increasing institutionalization of consultative process between the PA and CS, CSOs consider the relationship to be superficial as revealed by the EU Country Roadmap for Palestine (2014-2017). The Project will promote national, regional, and international networking on Civil Society matters.
The action will build on previous EU projects with PNGO, such as projects to strengthen the role of civil society development, and civil society engagement. The Palestinian Civil Society has potential that remains to be unleashed, through reinforcing and increasing coordination among civil society actors. Also, ensuring a more inclusive engagement with other CS actors such as unions, associations, media outlets, and even the private sector.
Management of the project is applied on more than one level, due to the volume of project activities, it requires constant coordination with PNGO management team as well as the project team.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ACTION:
The specific results of the project are:
- To mitigate and reverse the shrinking space trends increasingly evident in the local Palestinian context.
- To amplify the Palestinian narrative and the effectiveness of Palestinian Advocacy efforts in the EU-EUMS.
- To boost the governance, institutional capacity and coordination of PNGO, the main sectorial committee and the CS platforms and to strengthen the role of Palestinian CSOs in local decision-making.
- To strengthen the capacities of PNGO, the main sectorial committees and beneficiary CS platforms in advocacy and lobbying to better coordinate and participate in decision-making and in the monitoring of the implementation of public policies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Specific responsibilities He/she will perform are:
- Execute and implement PNGO strategic plans, this includes work plans, advocacy strategy and campaigns, and communication channels. Candidate will work according to PNGO’s strategic objectives.
- Full management of the project on national and EU basis. This includes planning, implementing, directing, and monitoring project activities, ensuring progress on work plans, budget plans, and project staff.
- Coordinate and follow up with PNGO management and departments to ensure activity implementation with Gaza office.
- Identify policy constrains that are evidence based, in order to create and design advocacy and communication campaigns, policy papers, position papers.. etc. the manager should contribute in defining policy priorities.
- Assist PNGO executive director to facilitate high level policy dialogues. The Project Manager will assist operations in policy dialogues with relevant ministries, target groups and beneficiaries in all areas of concern. Assist PNGO Executive Director supervise and expand the coordination council, and ensure implementation of its actions.
- Monitor daily activities, and direct coordination with PNGO Executive Director, the M&E officer, and coordinators. The manager needs to approve anything related to the implementation level.
- Review and edit material related to advocacy, correspondence, communication and media.
- Produce technical and financial reports. This includes weekly and monthly progress reports, semi-annual and annual reports, financial reports, timesheets.. etc.
- Represent and attend relevant meetings, with the Palestinian Authority, project partner networks, steering committee, key development actors, and with international bodies.
- Increase communication and networking opportunities, to sustain and expand PNGO’s member base, and promote possible partnerships.
- Maintain effective and friendly relations with all project partners, direct and indirect beneficiaries, the steering committee and other non-local actors.
- Follow up with cross-sectorial activities, and employ added-value elements of the project, such as ‘rights-based approach’ and ‘gender equality’.
- Support external consultants and other staff members, in order to assist with research and analysis, and with producing publications.
- The manager will have to comply with EU and PNGO guidelines.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
KEY COMPENTENCES AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Education & Experience Criteria He/she must have:
- MBA or Master degree related to international studies, development and cooperation or a similar field. Bachelor’s Degree in social science, Business Administration, development and cooperation, and international studies or any other related field.
- At least 10-year experience in projects management is required. Candidate should be able to work independently & supervise staff members.
- Prior experience in project management, local and national policies is required.
- Good knowledge and experience in Palestinian Civil Society needs and concerns is essential.
- Previous experience and knowledge of EU projects is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills. The ability to conceptualize problems, and act proactively.
- Ability to direct work in a diverse environment, cooperate, and communicate with multiple partners or parties.
- Transparency and Professionalism.
- Punctual and able to prepare for, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in reporting.
- Must be fluent in Arabic & English language, both written and presentation skills.
- Excellent in Microsoft application, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Deadline for submitting the application is: Monday, August 16th, 2021. by 16:00 PM.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter with indication of applicant’s ability and availability.
- CV or Resume explaining how your background and experience are relevant to the work assignment and the qualifications, competencies, knowledge and skills.
The application shall be submitted to the following email: [email protected]
The email must mention “Project Manager” in the subject line.