The Communication Officer will take part in implementing PNGO's communication strategy, build and maintain good relations with member organizations, local and international partners, donors, and other stakeholders. The communication officer will be responsible for creating visual and written content, as well as managing the organization's website and social media platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement and regularly update PNGO‘s communication strategy in coordination with the management team and member organizations.
- Create and manage content for PNGO's website, social media platforms, newsletters, and other communication channels to raise the voices of the people we work with, mitigate risk and amplify messaging.
- Work with and provide strategic advice to PNGO’s management and projects team to identify key moments for communication and media opportunities.
- Provide media advice to the Advocacy and Media officers, on communication & media work underpinning advocacy efforts.
- Develop and write press releases, statements, talking points, stories and other media/communications material for public use.
- Create compelling, creative, and engaging visual storytelling products to show the daily realities, and raise the voices of Palestinians and amplify the voice of Palestinian civil society.
- Build and maintain strong communication lines with donors, PNGO members, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists covering topics aligned to PNGO’s mandate.
- Engage with international media to raise global awareness of pressing issues related to human rights and shrinking civic space including developing news and feature stories.
- Prepare and unify contact lists and prepare different lists to ensure smooth communication.
- Work closely with the Advocacy unit at PNGO to align communication efforts and disseminate advocacy messages through the appropriate channels.
- Support PNGO‘s advocacy efforts by developing and disseminating communication materials targeted at policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement digital campaigns to promote the organization's work and raise awareness of key issues.
- Draft and reflect the position or stance of PNGO regarding matters like national policies or civil rights.
- Coordinate and collaborate with networks of other international and local agencies, journalists, media outlets and influencers on developing and delivering media and communications work.
- Participate in other duties as assigned by the management team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent communication-related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in communications, preferably in the advocacy and development fields.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Arabic.
- Experience with website management, social media, and email marketing platforms.
- Experience in writing clear, compelling media products including press releases, media reactions, opinion pieces, Q&As, talking points, key messages, case studies, factsheets/briefings etc.
- Experience in collecting human interest case studies, including photos and basic filming.
- Experience in working creatively to identify and develop new ways to use media to share PNGO‘s key messages and amplify the voices of Palestinians
- Experience in producing and/ or commissioning written and audio/ visual media and communications materials and strong capacity to deliver these within short deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Palestinian context and experience working with Palestinian NGOs is desirable.
- Knowledge of digital campaigning and experience developing and implementing digital campaign strategies.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter) (1 page) outlining the key qualifications and relevant skills/experience to: [email protected]
Please indicate in the email subject line: the position title, your first and last name.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.