UNFPA Palestine Country Office together with UN Women, UNHABITAT and UNODC have launched a 5-years joint programme with the generous funding of the Government of Canada. The Joint Programme “Ending Violence Against Women in the West Bank and Gaza Strip” aims to end violence against women with the ultimate outcome of reducing the vulnerability of women and girls in West Bank and Gaza from all forms of violence and from the threats of such violence.
This will be achieved through working on three intermediate outcomes focusing on:
1. Decreased harmful practices and attitudes that perpetuate and validate violence against women and girls within targeted households and communities; and
2. Increased access by women and girls of gender-responsive ending violence against women services (economic, medical, psychosocial, security, shelter) free of discrimination;
3. Strengthened institutional capacity to develop and implement legal and policy frameworks that promote and protect women’s and girls’ rights with regards to ending violence against women.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the UNFPA component and will work closely with the Joint Programme Manager and the project teams of the UN Women, UNHABITAT, and UNODC in cooperation with the relevant partners and stakeholders, including Government, civil society, private sector, UN sister agencies, and international organizations.
The Project Manager will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to gender and gender-based violence. He/she will contribute to facilitating programme/ project planning and implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic Requirements and Experience
• Advanced degree in social work or other social sciences, public health, community health, international
relations, international law, human rights or related field.
• At least 5 years professional experience, preferably in Gender/GBV prgramme Management in public or
• Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
• Proficiency in current office software applications.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة