MA'AN Development Center is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager.
MA'AN Development Center is an independent, non-governmental, non-partisan Palestinian development organization and training institution established in Jerusalem in January 1989, and is registered as a non-profit organization. The MA'AN’s main office is now located in Ramallah and has four branches across the occupied Palestinian territories (oPt) including WB, East Jerusalem, and Gaza. In addition, MA’AN has established a permaculture training and demonstration site in Beit Qad- Jenin, which aims to serve as a demonstration hub for farmers on cost effective ecological practices.
MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. . MA’AN bases its work on its mission and vision and has been working in Palestine for over 30 years, striving to support the resilience and steadfastness of the most vulnerable people, through its three main program: 1) Women and Youth Socio Economic Empowerment 2) Protection & Emergency livelihood support 3) Sustainable Agriculture and Environmental Protection.
Position title: Project Manager
Position Location: MA’AN HQ in Ramallah and MA’AN East Jerusalem Office.
Reports to: Socio-Economic Empowerment Program Manager
Position type and duration: Full time - 18 months
Start Date: Jan 1st 2021
Project Target Locations: A pool of 21 communities in East Jerusalem
MA’AN is seeking to hire a qualified, dynamic Project Manager for its implementation component of an EU- funded project in Partnership with PalVision. MA’ANs role will be focused on Facilitating transformation and capacity development for the unemployed, entrepreneurs, and COVID-19 affected established micro& small business to better integrate in the labour market as future self-employees, employees or employers amidst and post COVID-19 crisis.
MA’AN Development Center will start implementation of the project on Jan 1st, 2021 and plans for implementation completion by 18 months on May 31th, 2022.
The Project Manager will be based in MA’AN Ramallah HQ with main presence for project implementation in East Jerusalem. The Project Manager will be engaged on this project as a full-time employee leading and carrying out the objectives of the project, ensuring comprehensive, timely, and high-quality outcomes of the assigned project.
- Responsible for accomplishing project goals and objectives required within constraints, such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
- Developing a detailed implementation plan for the project.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget and ensuring that spending is according to plan.
- Identifying and managing potential risks, taking corrective actions by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality, and cost in coordination with the Socio-econ program manager.
- Conduct regular field visits and supervision of the project implementation activities. This includes(quality control of deliverables, quantities follow up, work documentation and other related tasks);
- Participate in drafting projects documents such as official communications letters, Term of References, tenders, budgets, cash flows and schedules;
- Supervise and provide technical advice suppliers and the workforce. Supervise on daily basis the skilled and unskilled workers and contractors;
- Coordinate with MA’AN staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities planned; including coordinate for the field visits requested by the Project Area/Field coordinators, coordination with stakeholders, identifying targeted communities and need assessments;
- Preparing progress reports and success stories as requested
- Arranging and participating in field visits, including those requested by PalVision and EU, and reporting on these visits.
- Arranging meetings with different stakeholders as required by project plan.
- Liaise regularly with other staff and project partners in monitoring progress towards achievement of desired gender results.
- Supporting the Project M&E Coordinator in monitoring projects’ progress against performance indicators, ensuring targets and results are achieved at the output and outcome.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks, donor regulations, and that all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Ensuring data quality within the project and analyzing the data to report on the outcome level.
- Preparing and reviewing submissions and reports required by MA’AN and donors.
- Facilitate community level consultations to ensure effective project interventions to meet stakeholders’ needs.
- Uphold and abide by MA’AN policies including but not limited to staff Code of Conduct, Child Protection and PSEA.
- Other duties as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA with at least seven years’ experience or (preferred) MA with at least five years in Business Development, Project Management, ICT, IT Engineering, or other related fields.
Must be holder of East Jerusalem ID
- Experience working within the NGO sector in similar positions.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects that support economic empowerment of marginalized groups.
Proven experience in the fields of Entrepreneurship, ICT, and E-Commerce and supporting business establishments.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in project management and overseeing community development projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, and partnership building).
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Valid Drivers license.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic languages including both excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English and Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
المسمى الوظيفي Project Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 26 - Dec - 2020
المكان القدس, رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 5 Years
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae, including the names and contact details for three references by email to [email protected] no later than 26 Dec 2020, ensuring to list “EU Tech for Resilience Project Manager application” as the subject of your email.
Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة مركز العمل التنموي معاً - Maan Development Center
E-work Project Officer
Planning, Monitoring and Reporting Officer
رام الله والبيرة
30, Dec, 2020
7, Dec, 2020
موظف توعية ضد المخاطر
18, Oct, 2020
مدير حالة/ اخصائي اجتماعي
5, Oct, 2020
5, Oct, 2020
29, Jul, 2020