Médecins du Monde Switzerland is an International and independent Medical Organization founded in 1980, that provides humanitarian and development aid to those most in need. The organization observes the principles of medical ethics and humanitarian aid and is currently active in more than 65 countries. Médecins du monde Switzerland, created in 1993, has been working in the Palestinian Territory since 1994 prioritizing the provision of quality mental health care to people in need.
Under the responsibility of the General Coordinator the Project Manager is responsible for MdM-CH Project Design, Activities Implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting. He/she engages in a constant monitoring of the context of intervention, population needs & other actors’ responses provision, he/she ensures a close supervision of MdM-CH activities implementation, activates and maintains a strong network of local and International partners (Ministry of Health, NGOs, Scholars & Academics), and emphasizes positive cooperation attitudes among all so that MdM-CH actions are coherent with people needs, the organization strategy and in lines with developmental best practices.
Under the direct managerial line of the OPT general coordinator, the project manager will supervise the implementation and further development of MDM Switzerland ‘Suicide Prevention and Management’ project intervention in the West Bank.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Project management & development
- Ensures a daily monitoring of the global situation of the West Bank and its population (context, question of access, humanitarian & development needs, presence and actions of local & international actors, etc.) as well as the situation of the Hospitals and CMHCs partners of the project
- Initiates and activates contacts with relevant actors and/or partners (local Authorities, Universities, NGOs, etc.)
- Facilitates the communication and coordination with local partners & institutions, specifically the Ministry of Health (International Cooperation Department, the Mental Health Unit, the General Directorate of Hospitals, etc.) and Universities.
- Identify local and international partners (development organization, people with disability organization, etc.), activates and maintains a high qualitative network.
- Liaises with other MdM-CH colleagues in the Gaza Strip (Field Coordinator and Case Manager)
- Gives relevant briefings and directions to MdM-CH field workers, in line with MdM-CH strategic plan & projects proposals, as well as with MdM-CH contingency plan
- Actively participates to the Strategic Planning of the organization in the West Bank. Contributes to needs assessments, project design, implementation and monitoring & evaluation.
- Follows up with Hospitals and CMHCs directors
- Ensures all logistics and administrative needs for project implementation are known and planned within budget and chronogram of activities
- Together with the Administrative coordinator, ensures a close supervision of the use of financial resources, participates to the Financial Report and potential grant requests
- Assign, choose, organize, and assist the project team in the organization of online trainings. Computer literacy linked to the use of platform with integrated LMS in order to deliver various courses will be highly appreciated.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Develop plan of action and regularly evaluates the projects progress in line with the defined project objectives.
- Together with the Senior Medical Consultant and the Mental Health Adviser, ensures the quality monitoring of MdM-CH interventions
- Ensure the setup of monitoring tools for the partners
- Organize relevant needs assessments and exploratory missions in order to enable attend a less biased analysis in terms of determining the actual need of the affected population
- Develop Monitoring Systems in collaboration with the general coordinator.
- Monitors the respect of MdM-CH Child Protection Policy at all level of MdM-CH activities
- Write project’s reports for the different donors in accordance with their guidelines and in a timely manner.
- Report on a regular basis to the general coordinator (monthly reports).
- Identify and support the needs of the MHPSS staff on the field
- Develop monitoring tools for the team in order to assist the implementation of the designed activities.
- Organize and conduct weekly or bi-monthly team meetings.
- Represent MDM Switzerland in coordination meetings, participate to the different meetings especially on Protection and Mental Health Cluster meetings, and proactively lead on external coordination with other health actors, UN agencies at the relevant level, and implemented partners of the projects.
- Lead on liaison with the MoH authorities where MdM is presently working and collaborating to ensure an excellent working relationship.
- Support field teams to coordinate on the ground with all stakeholders and ensure that information passes both up and down the chain of command in a timely manner.
- Monitor the security situation in the areas of intervention.
- Handle incident management efficiently.
- Abide with the organization security rules and be able to efficiently adopt measures in case of a volatile security environment.
- Monitor the safety & security of MdM-CH field workers (monitors security threats and risks, plans and implements security measures, provides emergency responses if needed, reviews contingency planning), ensures incident reporting
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment and willingness to accept and abide with the organization security protocols.
- Ability to manage priorities effectively
- Excellent writing skills
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Excellent communication skills are essential to ensure cohesion with other programme and partner staff skills are primordial.
- Excellent skills in organization, co-ordination and the transfer of knowledge are essential. The person must be able to work independently and without constant supervision.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Science, project management or any other related field.
- Fluent English & Arabic, French an asset
- Essential working experience in community empowerment projects and at minimum five years in a relevant position.
- Excellent knowledge of development aid best practices and community engagement
- Experience in working with local authorities and partners
- Strong capacities of evaluation, analysis, synthesis and communication
- Experience in reporting and proposals writing. Experience in fundraising and donor management an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Experience with distance learning tools and methodologies, use of platform with integrated LMS will be an asset.
- The position is based in West Bank with frequent trips to Jerusalem.
- Contract Duration: Part time - 10 months
- Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday.
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to: [email protected] titled “Project Manager” before 27/06/2020.