Contingent upon funding availability, CARE West Bank & Gaza is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Project Manager (Job# 9/2019)
Summary: The Project Manager (PM) will manage a Women & Youth Empowerment, and Gender Equality Project “My Decision is My Future” that will be implemented over three years (2020-2023). The successful candidate will lead the project’s team (CARE & partner staff) during the different stages of the project life cycle (design, conceptualization, and implementation) while ensuring that CARE WBG projects are aligned with the Program & Strategy of the Country Office.
Primary activities for the PM include but are not limited to: management and implementation of the project/s initiatives, coordination between CARE’s team and all key actors in the project/s (including project partners, governmental actors, CARE staff, private sector and investors, etc…), identify potential and emerging programmatic and financial issues related to the project/s; facilitate collaboration among all actors to find solutions for programmatic and financial issues; review and comment on progress and technical reports and other programming/project documents to be submitted to the Program Manager, CI member and donors, and will also be responsible for overall planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting on the project to CO management, CI, and donors as well sharing the learning and experiences with other projects’ teams within the organization.
The PM will work to expand the network of CARE Palestine’s (WBG) collaborators by forming strong professional relationships with other organizations and institutions that add value to CARE’s program in the country. The PM actively supports the overall implementation of program strategies, monitoring risk, and managing CARE’s brand.
Reports to: Programs Manager
Start date: January 2020
Position type: full-time 40 hours/week
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in, social science, Gender studies, Law, or public administration with an emphasis on gender studies
- In depth knowledge of Gender equality programs and approaches, Advocacy, and women’s rights.
- Proven success and a track record integrating and harmonizing ideas within a team and with external stakeholders.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in managing and implementing women empowerment projects, gender projects, legal support projects.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in managing EU funded projects.
- Experience in Gender Transformative Approaches is a PLUS
- Demonstrated management skills with a minimum of three years’ experience supervising employees
- Proven track record working collaboratively with civil society, governmental institutions, communities, and local NGO partners.
- Experience in EU donor grants management and monitoring of large programs and/or multiple projects/initiatives.
- A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring and reviews, budget planning and management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic and English.
- Strong team play and collaboration skills
- Outstanding analytical, advocacy and action research skills
- Proven skills in program planning, development, analysis, assessing and reporting to external grants providers.
- Effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Good understanding of development issues with emphasis on rights, partnership, participation and sustainability.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than Wednesday, December 25th, 2019 and include the job number (9/2019) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all