I- Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
II- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Project Development Intern to support the project development department work in the West Bank.
Assist in Fundraising: assist in context analysis (country’s socio-economic situation analysis and needs); take minutes of external meeting with the Junior Project Development Officer or Country Director; assist in the development of fundraising document (such as context section, needs and assessment sections, assist to integrate lesson learned and best practices); assist in addressing in tamely manner comments by donors on proposals
Assist in Grant Management:
- Contract follow-up: that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting deadlines are known and met by the relevant departments;
- Reporting: take minutes of kick-off and close out meetings for each project; assist to provide information for quality narrative reports; collect information from other department needed for the reporting;
- Partner follow-up: assist to ensure partners report to ACTED in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement
Assist in Internal Coordination and Communication: facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing from the Base, to the Area, Capital, and even up to the regional and HQ offices by taking minutes of the various ACTED coordination meetings; file properly contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies
Assist in External Communication: contribute to ACTED external communication by assisting in the review of communication products (such as factsheets, Success stories, maps, articles) and assist to ensure the respect of ACTED communication and donor visibility guidelines.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political sciences, human rights, development studies or any other relevant field.
- Fresh graduate or having maximum one year of experience.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, excellent communcation, creative and flexible with ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent writing and communication skills – excellent written and spoken level in English (mandatory). A written test in English will be conducted prior to the interviews.
- Valid driving license.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft programs especially Excel.
V- Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CVs (in English) no later than July 28th, 2022 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Project Development Intern) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.