Project & Database Officer (Upon availability of fund)
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is running its programmes under the new name of Humanity & Inclusion (HI). - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Gaza, Working under the overall direct supervision and responsibility of Project Manager, the Project and Database Officer will provide key support to the Project in the roll-out and management of education project activities. She/he will work with partners and other project stakeholders to support the assurance process of project outputs and expected results are implemented in a timely and efficient manner of the project “Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with Disabilities to gender and disability responsive inclusive education in the emergency context of occupied Palestinian territories”.
Responsibility 1 : Establish and follow up of HI management information system
- Define data management system for HI
- Upgrade whenever necessary the project database
- Support HI team in the development and design of data collection and entry forms related to their field of activities
- Provide follow up, coaching and mentorship to partners’ project coordinators and data entry staff.
Follow up project database on daily basis and provide the need technical support to partners’ project coordinators and other data entry staff.
- Ensuring the validity and accuracy of collected and entered data to database.
- Share with partners updated project progress reports/database feedback and analysis.
Responsibility 2 : Support the follow up and implementation and adjustment of project plan
- Support SPM in the overall project implementation, follow up and management
- Support in project knowledge management process
Provide technical support to partners on project cycle management
Responsibility 3: Support the development of monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for the project
- Provide regular monitoring and analysis of database to PM on trending issues found by the database.
- Participate in analysing lessons learned on the project’s experience gained from implementation
- Provide support to project steering committee; coordinate with partners, prepare invitation and agenda, ensure materials prepared by project team, write meeting minutes.
- Compile partners narrative and statistical reports on weekly and monthly basis and report to PM
- Support the PM in updating the P&M tool reports on quarterly basis.
- Maintain updated records and reports of the project activities whenever requested.
- Support the development and implementation process of projects monitoring and evaluation system and processes.
- Contribute to donor reporting
Responsibility 4 : Contribute to the Program Strategic Framework and to the development of new projects
- Contribute to the data collection and analytical framework set up for developing and/or monitoring the strategy
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The position is based in Gaza.
- Willingness to travel to the field with a valid driving license.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent networking and coordination skills
- Excellent report writing skills in English and Arabic
- Preferably to hold a valid driving license
- Professional and very positive interpersonal attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team
- Positive, innovative, inspirational and problem-solving attitude
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in knowledge management, information management or any other related field.
- At least 3 years professional experience working in knowledge or information management.
- Practical experience in project cycle management will be an added value.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of one year renewable upon availability of fund and the position is based in Gaza
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position : From 5,557 ILS to 6,251 ILS based on experience
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to reach on or before the 23rd June 2019 to: [email protected]
indicating your full name and the job title (Project & Database Officer) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications incomplete or received after the deadline will be disregarded.