UN-Habitat is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacancy in its Ramallah Office:
Position: Project Coordinator/ Community and Gender Mobilizer
Contract Type: UNDP Service Contract
Contract Level : SB4/1
Deadline to apply: 14 May 2019
II. Organizational Context
The Special Human Settlements Programme for the Palestinian People (SHSPPP) (UN-Habitat, Palestine) is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Project Coordinator/Community and Gender Mobilizer, under the overall guidance of the team leader and the direct supervision of Sr. Urban Programme Officer. As this position is related to Achieving of Planning and Land Rights in Area C of the West Bank project in the occupied Palestinian territory with an expected duration of 4 years, the Service Contract extension will be conditioned to satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible of coordinating project activities, with focus on field activities related to community and gender mobilization with the ultimate goal of building resilience through people’s methodology. Furthermore, s/he will support in managing transactions and operations activities related to work and keep records of budget expenditures.
The incumbent will initiate and coordinate external partnerships and joint resource mobilization efforts for follow-up or new related work, and provide strategic guidance on effective, quality and timely UN support for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, especially Goal 11, and the New Urban Agenda. S/he is expected to contribute in managing knowledge management and capacity development activities in and outside the UN System and ensure efficient and effective substantive coordination support to work activities while ensure adherence to organizational policies and procedures.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
- The incumbent will contribute to building up and maintaining a network of local organizations and professionals working on planning, land, and housing related matters, liaise with relevant counterparts with the Palestinian Authority, sister UN Agencies and project partners on project activities, as requested by the supervisor. More specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Project coordination: Organizing and conducting field visits on regular basis and provide advocacy support, where needed to protect planning and land rights and establish networks with all relevant stakeholder (through regular meetings, workshops and conferences), and work closely with local implementing partners during the design, implementation, management of interventions in Area C and beyond;
- Community and gender mobilization: Support gender mainstreaming in all related land mapping interventions, and during the design and implementation phases of project activities to ensure effective involvement of women and youth in all participatory activities related to this project through the implementation of a specific gender strategy;
- Contribute to Sustainable Development: Encourage new patterns of field work, and protect existing natural and cultural heritage and historical sites and promote those sites as potential for tourism development, and balance user needs and desires with consideration of design, engineering, costs, regulations, and promote proper investment in the local communities, and encourage local and eco-tourism;
- Knowledge management and reporting along with other tasks that may be required: Leading on specific technical initiatives at the request of the supervisor at UN-Habitat, including the contribution to country, regional, and headquarters reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
- Master's degree in land management, public policy, development studies, spatial planning or a related area.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in areas related to land management, spatial and urban planning, and development studies preferably within the context of Area C of the West Bank.
- Previous experience working with UN is an asset
- Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
- Non-Smoking environment
- Knowledge of the land and planning legal framework and processes in Palestine/Israel, with specific demonstrated knowledge of Area C.
- Good knowledge of MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of ADOBE design suite (ID, Illustrator, Photoshop) and/or standard GIS software (ArcView, ArcGIS, QGIS), and AutoCAD programmes.
- Proficient in website and internet applications, database management.
- Valid driving license.
Important message to all applicants!
- Please be aware that the UN-Habitat will review your application only if you have uploaded Personal History Form (P.11) to your application.
- You will get the opportunity to upload the P-11 at when you apply for the position.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications that are under consideration will be contacted.
- For more detailed information about UN-Habitat please visit our website at www.undp.ps.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة