MA'AN Development Center is seeking qualified and dynamic candidates for the position of:
Position Location: MA’AN HQ in Ramallah Office.
Reports to: Socio-Economic Empowerment Program Manager
Position type and duration: Full time - 16 months
MA'AN Development Center is an independent, non-governmental, non-partisan Palestinian development organization and training institution established in Jerusalem in January 1989 and is registered as a non-profit organization. The MA'AN’s main office is now located in Ramallah and has five branches across the occupied Palestinian territories (oPt) including WB, East Jerusalem, and Gaza. In addition, MA’AN has established the Innovation and Entrepreneurship center in Gaza, and the permaculture training and demonstration site in Beit Qad- Jenin, which aims to serve as a demonstration hub for farmers on cost effective ecological practices.
The role of the Project Coordinator is to work with Social & Economic Empowerment Program Manager, in carrying out and managing the project “Towards a Circular Economy Ecosystem that Promotes Sustainable and Environmentally Responsible Economic Growth” funded by the Spanish Corporation (AECID). The project targets all West Bank (specific focus: Jordan Valley and Area C communities)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Including ensuring the timely achievement of:
- Responsible for accomplishing project objectives, outputs and activities required, within project’s parameters such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget and ensuring that spending is according to plan.
- Developing a detailed implementation plan for the project and a procurement plan
- Identifying private sector/ commercial actors and entrepreneurs to target
- Conducting various meetings and activities with private sector actors and potential green entrepreneurs
- Conducting regular field visits and supervision of the project implementation activities.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting project progress.
- Identify environmental initiatives to be adopted and supported by the project.
- Identify and manage potential and risks, taking corrective action by tackling day-to-day issues, and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Assisting the MEAL Coordinator in preparing progress reports and success stories as requested.
- Arranging meetings and trainings with different stakeholders as required by project plan.
- Facilitate the development of green and circular economy proposed policies and regulatory
- BA with three years’ experience or MA in business, economics, project management, development, or other related fields.
Knowledge & Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability and experience in business development, and managing initiatives in green economy, that leads to Circular Economy Ecosystem and Promotes Sustainable and Environmentally best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in networking with private sector, entrepreneurs and local communities.
- Knowledge and interest in environmental protection, climate justice, and green economy transition.
- Knowledge in designing business cases and plans.
- Knowledge in building linkages between multiple stakeholders , local and international private sector actors.
- Background knowledge in Responsible Business Conduct (RBC) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is preferable
- Leadership abilities and experience of working successfully in a team environment, including ability to handle conflicting urgent priorities, and difficulties in working relationship with partner organizations.
- Excellent communication, representation, networking, administration and negotiating skills.
- Language proficiency (in speaking, reading and writing) in both English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated knowledge, awareness and understanding of issues relating to the current context of the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and MS Project
- Readiness to work within a team.
- Willingness to work under stress and a heavy workload.
- Willingness to conduct field visits.
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues and partners and private sector.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following
- Download the employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the employment application and Save the document with the name of the applicant and the position.
- Fill in the required information at the following link: https://forms.gle/EUDxSRp8mD4a8We78
- Attach the employment application within the previous link.
- Applications will not be considered if the employment application is not attached in the previous link.
- Applications will only be accepted until Saturday 5 November 2022
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for this position.