MA'AN Development Center is seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
PROJECT COORDINATOR – Based in Ramallah responsible for Northern West Bank (Jenin, Tulkarem, Nablus, and Tubas governorates)
MA’AN is seeking to hire a full time Project Coordinator for a GAC- funded project that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income female youth in the West Bank and Gaza.
MA’AN Development Center started implementation of the She Succeeds project: “Women and Youth Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and Employment in the north of West Bank and Gaza”, in partnership with Save the Children & PARC on June 1st, 2018 and expects completion by February 28th, 2022. The position is funded through February 2022.
The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Project Manager, and will be based in Ramallah and responsible for activities in project target locations (Jenin, Tulkarem, Nablus, and Tubas governorates) with mobility to visit the targeted governorates as deemed necessary for project implementation.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the daily activities of the project in the West Bank. Will need to closely follow up on activities implementation, support M&E work, and provide reporting on implementation.
- Responsible for activity implementation, in terms of coordination, financial planning and management, partner coordination, data collection and recording, and other requirements to ensure successful project implementation,
- Prepare and implement detailed action plans, procurement plans, and monitor the implementation of these plans in coordination with the direct supervisor and other responsible staff at MAAN,
- Execute the project activities according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied,
- Supervise and follow up the implementation of the project activities, including staff organization and guidance, coordination with the partner and key stakeholders, and management of available resources,
- Develop and review all project documents and forms such as beneficiary targeting forms, MoUs with the beneficiaries, TORs with service providers and all other related documents in coordination with the program officer,
- Plan for, and implement, regular field visits to monitor activities progress, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results,
- Ensure the proper documentation of the project activities, and develop the necessary forms and records to ensure smooth and timely sharing of information,
- Prepare regular progress reports, interim and final narrative reports with high quality and on a timely manner,
- Provide a close follow up for the project expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of fund,
- Document all project findings, outcomes and recommendations to help MA'AN in its future project development planning,
- Identifying and managing potential risks, taking corrective actions by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality, and cost,
- Ensuring project’s compliance with MA’AN’s and donor’s frameworks and regulations, and that all policies are implemented,
- Maintain a close, healthy relationship with project’s partner organizations, and conduct regular field visits to sustain and grow these partnerships,
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Very strong English language skills, mainly written.
- Relevant BA degree, with at least five years of experience in project coordination, management, international development or any other relevant field,
- Experience working within the NGO sector in similar positions,
- Minimum of three years of experience in working with NGOs or INGOs in managing economic empowerment projects and/or entrepreneurship projects, preferably for female youth,
- Good knowledge about economic empowerment concepts and applications, and ability to support the design and implementation of income-generating activities for vulnerable females,
- Strong understanding of the Palestinian agriculture sector,
- Strong reporting skills and ability to prepare quality narrative reports,
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details, and ability to work independently or in team as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task,
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel,
- Fluency in both English and Arabic languages including both excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent reporting skills in both English and Arabic.
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae, including the names and contact details for three references by email to [email protected] no later than March 20th, 2021, ensuring to list “She Succeeds Project Coordinator Application” as the subject of your email.
Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages women and persons with disability to apply for this position