- Represents and promote PEF at all levels locally and nationally in regard to WASH sector, specifically wastewater management.
- Systematically gathers and stores data, information, opinion and feedback, to check its validity, evaluates and orders it to enable conclusions to be drawn.
- Develops and manages project plans (sometimes multiple plans) - reviewing the plans regularly to ensure tasks and milestones are being achieved in a timely manner and prepares governance reports, project status reports, presentations, agendas etc.
- Takes an active part in the project issue/risk management process, by contributing to the identification and prioritization of existing and potential issues and risks, and helping to develop strategies and controls to mitigate these. Uses sound judgement to identify which issues and risks should be escalated to governance groups, and prepare relevant reports/documentation.
- Checks project compliance with implementation methodologies, and highlights any issues to the Executive Manager or to the board of trustees directly if Executive Manager is not available.
- Plans, design, supervises, monitors and follow-up projects day to day activities.
- Deals with the time, cost and quality implications of the work, and has the ability to work effectively within team, time and budget constraints.
- Plans ahead, schedules and prioritizes activities and addresses challenges in projects performance in order to meet objectives outcomes, impacts, and outputs are achieved in line with the resources available and project frameworks.
- Sets goals to achieve plan and meet quality standards.
- Prepares, monitors, agrees and controls critical elements of the process and liaises with all parties to ensure task/project remains on plan.
- Identifies and communicates potential threats and variations to budget and program through continuous control for budget actual and foreseen expenses.
- Works closely with the public health team in planning, designing, implementing and monitoring the public awareness activities including IEC materials, mass media and social media campaigns.
Program/project quality (25%)
- Coordinates, together with other project staff and engineers the action plans and frameworks of the projects
- Conducts engineering supervision and monitoring of program impact to assure the project goals are being met and that the project team is able to constantly improve the quality of program/project implementation.
- Develops, revises and validates the waste water quality monitoring reports in reference to the quality standards.
- Develops and revises the ToRs and reports for assessments and studies related to the waste water treatment, and waste water reusing governance.
- Works closely with MEAL officer to develop the project beneficiaries section mechanism including selection criteria and scoring mechanism, and to follow up the selection process ensuring accountability to beneficiaries.
- Ensures that program/ project field activities and events meet minimum PEF standards in their delivery and planning.
- Ensures standards are attainable and promote quality throughout organizational processes. Works appropriately within guidelines
- Checks available standards and procedures and determines whether they adhere to minimum global standards, in addition, gives recommendation and modifications for standards and procedures development and improvement.
- Conducts site checks with other engineers and staff, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure Values, Policies and Codes of Conduct.
- Works closely with Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting officer on documentation and dissemination of program/project and monitoring and evaluation information to placement communities and local stakeholders within appropriate PEF’s minimum standards of quality.
- Works closely with the Executive Manager in updating the program/project performance in daily and monthly bases.
- Assists in design, review and innovation of program/project quality and learning frameworks of projects.
- Understands and applies the organization policies and procedures, tools and technical requirements of the project.
- Helps the organization in the project personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and negotiation.
Coordination and management (70%)
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with a wide range of people in addition to their own team, including project sponsors, senior managers, stakeholders/customers, other project team members and managers, external agencies and vendors.
- Manages, develops, maintains, supports and/or coordinates environmental and sustainable development initiatives already underway in line with the PEF’s strategic objectives and priorities.
- Prepares Terms of Reference (ToR) for services, works, trainings, and supplies that are needed based on the project activities and budget. Particularly, the ToRs for hydrogeological and hydrological models and studies associated to the wastewater reuse
- Reviews and recommends engineering designs and processes concerning wastewater treatment and reuse in irrigation.
- Participates with the site engineers in supervising works involved in the constructing and operating wastewater treatment and reuse facilities.
- Participates with the site engineers in supervising works involved in the constructing and operating the main and submain treated waste water irrigation networks including other agriculture activities such as fencing and cultivation/seedlings.
- Liaises with community groups, governmental departments, and other stakeholders regarding environmental issues.
- Coordinates with regulatory agencies and project steering committee, stakeholders, and community groups the project activities
- Conducts and manages workshops, Focus Group Sessions with the project stakeholders
- Recognizes and understands the corporate environment and cultural impacts on the project.
- Disseminates Right-to-Know information. Ensure community engagement and stakeholders involvement in all the project phases.
- Develop the results based reports including project progress reports, annual and final reports in reference to the project proposal, work plan and logical farm work.
- Performs related field work as required
- Other duties as required.
- You may, occasionally, be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the PEF's values and ethical standards.
- Support promotion of PEF vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates very good understanding of and experience in the environmental and water resource engineering and management, the importance of professionalism and codes of conduct.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of health, safety and the environment in the context of the environmental and water resource engineering and management, and common procedures and processes used for the implementation of legislation, guidelines and standard practice.
- Demonstrates very good understanding of and experience in the irrigation by using the treated waste water.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrates ability to review and evaluate calculation means, engineering drawing, specifications and bill of quantities of the environmental and water resource engineering and management works.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- Outstands writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies.
- Very strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good IT skills, including databases, office software packages, engineering design software e.g., AutoCAD, GIS and MODFLOW.
- Good familiarity with all types of electromechanical materials and goods.
- Very good familiarity with gender equality issues.
- Has ability to multi-task.
- Focuses on impact and results for the donors/organizations and other stakeholders
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with clients and partners
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines
- Participates effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Civil or mechanical Engineering
Water resource/hydrology or sanitation
- Practical experience of not less than 8 years
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in WASH sector
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience with NGOs, and CBOs as project coordinator
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
Palestinian Environmental Friends Association (PEF) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, certificates and supporting documents through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
- Submission deadline is : Tuesday 24 , August 2020 ، 12pm .
- Only shortlisted will be contacted.
For inquiries, please call the Association's telephone number: 2131506